My stepfather is now 82 and loves Portrush. He has stayed in other guesthouses in recent years but now requires somewhere to stay with less steps/stairs. We were a bit nervous booking a new guesthouse but in his opinion this is the best & wishes we had discovered it years ago.
On arrival we were met by Sam who was very friendly and welcoming. She got my stepfather registered, showed him how the doorkey worked (several times with much patience), explained about breakfast etc. My stepfather has nothing but good to say about Harbour Heights, the great breakfasts, clean rooms and the chats he had with Sam and Tim. During his stay he took a dizzy spell one morning and did not appear for breakfast. Sam went to check on him, he was not too bad but she kept an eye on him until he was OK! Well done Sam.
He liked it so much he has booked another nine nights in September - the fact that he got the last available room shows how popular this place is. When we went to collect him we stood and yarned with Sam and Tim for about half an hour. They were in no hurry to get us "packed off".
Some of the reviews really surprised me - I half expected an ogre to answer the door. Forget it - Sam and Tim are South African. If you have ever been to SA you will know how friendly and welcoming the people are - Sam and Tim are the perfect example.
I am very happy for my stepfather to return in September because I know Sam and Tim will keep an eye out for him. He can't wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour Heights has a friendly family atmosphere. Conveniently located central to all restaurants & amenities in Portrush, overlooking the blue-flag West Strand. We aim to make your stay pleasant, comfortable & memorable for all the right reasons. We can help plan your days with advice on the area, must-see places & where best to get a good bite to eat. A fabulous Ulster fry & good craic will set you up for your adventure-filled day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Harbour Heights Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Heights Hotel Portrush
- Harbour Heights Bed And Breakfast
- Harbour Heights Bed & Breakfast Portrush, Northern Ireland