Adelphi Portrush
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Inn on the Coast(Portrush)(Great Value!)
$138
Lodge Hotel(Coleraine)(Great Value!)
$130
$127
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshoneymoon suitesteam room and saunahealth suitebreakfast and evening mealpoached eggslovely hotelmain streetstreet parkingsea viewfamily roommy mumlarge roomlovely breakfastcentral locationcooked breakfastweekend breaktop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a family room and the big room overlooking the sea with the single bedroom attached was lovely. The hotel was clean, modern and fresh. It may well be the no1 hotel to stay at in portrush as I've not been to the others although there were a few things which were irritating and could have made the stay more satisfying.
We ate in the restaurant on the first evening, good value for the fairly basic food served but absolutely ridiculous that you were not allowed to order a glass of wine without buying a whole bottle - I've never heard of that before and it actually prevented us from drinking or eating there again after day 1.
The breakfast slot is too narrow, 8am till 10 am especially in the holidays. We had to get up early one morning to get an early ferry so arrived at 8am on the dot as we had 15 mins. When it says 8am, breakfasts should be available at 8am. The chef had slept in, apparently so no cooked in time. The pastries were still warming but should have at least been done and on the table. So all in all that was not good.
Every morning we had fresh towels where used but we had one shower gel between 3 of us which on the 5 th day I had to complain that they were not being replenished and one is not enough for 3 people. They were most apologetic and housekeeping left a nice note.
So on the whole, nice clean hotel, pleasant base for travelling around as we did for the week, would eat at one of the fantastic restaurants in portrush and would probably recommend if asked but need to sort a few things out.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LindaBeckenham
AdelphiPortrush, Owner at Adelphi Portrush, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your review.
I'm glad to hear you found our rooms clean & comfortable.
I am sorry that during your stay our chef was delayed slightly, unfortunately this was a circumstance beyond our control. Early breakfasts are always available if requested as we have a staff member on duty 24/7.
I am slightly confused about your comment about our wine as we offer quarter bottles, equivalent to a large glass of wine.
I hope this does not detract you from staying again with us.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed again at this Hotel and do not have any complaints, the cleanliness of the hotel is exceptional, we had a wheelchair access room and it was just perfect. The staff are as always very friendly and cannot do enough for you, I would highly recommend this Hotel and I will be back before Christmas. Also the breakfast is beautiful as is the restaurant food, you have to try the restaurant it is great value for money and tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book early as they are busy
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Wow thank you so much for your great review we really appreciate it.
I'm glad to hear that you were impressed with our cleanliness, friendly staff and excellent breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hi

I went here for dinner with family recently. To cut a long story short, I found the food perfectly acceptable, nothing to write home about but certainly not bad.

However I found the restaurant staff lacking. The waitress who showed us to our table didn't crack a smile once, she was just going through the motions.

We got the wrong wine to the table, when I went to get the right one I didn't get an apology just "well which one do you want". Not great.

A number of my table ordered steaks, when they came my mothers wasn't cooked how she asked. It was then the waitress said "the chefs doesnt tell us which is which" so she swapped hers with my brother in laws which seemed to solve the problem.

We also waited quite a long time between courses and our table ended up laden with glasses that no one seemed to think to clear. We did it ourselves in the end.

All in all not a bad night but could have been a lot better.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank suziesaysso

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we value all guest feedback.
I am sorry to hear that our customer service was not up to our usual high standard and I also note that the waitress could have dealt with the situation more professionally.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your food and I do hope that you decide to return to us again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were staying in Portrush and came upon Adelphi for Dinner. I have a Gluten Intolerant and was pleasantly surprised to see that this restaurant not only had Gluten Free Options on their menu but had a whole separate menu. The food portions were very large and delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
AdelphiPortrush, Owner at Adelphi Portrush, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your excellent review we really appreciate it.
As a Coeliac myself I know how difficult it can be to dine out, but I'm glad to hear that our menu was to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you again if you return to Northern Ireland in the near future.
Amanda Holmes AIH

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a lovely stay here first full night in Ireland. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and the room pretty quiet with window opened. the decor was quite dated but clean. We learned our stay overlapped with a surfing competition I town, which increased traffic and people. In spite of that the hotel was very quiet and comfortable. Due to rooms being fully booked we got a handicapped accessible bathroom which was actually quite large. We did not dine in the restaurant but sat in bistro for an evening drink which was very nice.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Marchelle H, Manager at Adelphi Portrush, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay here in Adelphi.
I am pleased that you find our staff friendly and helpful; we do thrive on going the extra mile where possible.
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in Ireland, and look forward to welcoming you back to Adelphi in the future