“Very good for Gluten Free”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Adelphi Portrush

Adelphi Portrush
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very good for Gluten Free”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was up with my family for the day and we decided to go for something to eat. I have Coeliac Disease so I have to have Gluten free (Google is my friend) which came up with this place. They have their own Gluten Free menu which I was happy with. The food was amazing and the dessert was beautiful. The only issue I have is that the women who was serving us was rather rude ad talked back to my sister when she mentioned that the sauce was cold. Other than that I would go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AdelphiPortrush, Owner at Adelphi Portrush, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Keeva,
I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable gluten free meal with us.
I am a Coeliac myself and understand the problems which can be ascociated with eating out.
I am sorry to hear that a staff memeber was rude to you and I can assure I have spoken to all my staff regarding this and I am confident that this will not happen again.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Small bed and breakfast, rooms were small but clean.The location is good for the town,and the front rooms have a sea view,however there is limited parking on the road outside although the owner moved his car so that we could park 9 motorbikes together.
The cooked breakfast in the morning was good, and served very efficiently by the 2 young ladies running the kitchen.
A very friendly place with a real Irish welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew W
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am pleased to hear that you were happy with our cooked breakfast, service and welcome.
As we are located on the Main Street, parking is on-street. At check-in our receptionists are happy to assist with directions.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Tandragee, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend was the first person to tell us about the Adelphi, that was last year!!!!!! We are now coming up to our fifth stay at the Adelphi and looking forward to it. This small hotel has such friendly staff, who recognize when you return and go out of their way to help you. The hotel is well placed in the middle of Portrush for all the restaurants, especially close to the famous wine-bar. It is also within easy reach by car of all the sights that the North Coast is famous for and close to some of the best Golf courses in N.Ireland. The Adelphi think of small things to make their guests welcome such as the umbrellas in the hall for their use and mine you when its the North Coast they can be very useful at times!!!!!!!! The small spa area in the hotel, is a great place to put in afternoon, especially when you have enjoyed a long walk and need some relaxation afterwards. The food in the hotel is great, plenty of choice both at breakfast and evening meal. If your there staying the weekend, it is a good idea to ring them a few days ahead and let the staff know what evening you want your evening meal on (if you are staying on one of their offers) and then your table is ready for you. Can't wait to get back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your fantastic review, I will pass on your comments to all our staff.
We are pleased to hear that you found our staff very helpful and our food enjoyable. I am sure that we will be greeting you again soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great hotel in Portrush, very friendly helpful staff, clean and comfortable bedrooms. Great breakfast, especially enjoyed getting cooked breakfast delivered to table! Special thanks to receptionist when we arrived to help unload car and point out free parking areas. Very central, so great for exploring Portrush and the wider coastline

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan F
Marchelle H, Manager at Adelphi Portrush, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you found our staff very friendly, also that you enjoyed breakfast cooked to order from the kitchen. I will also pass on your thanks to the Receptionist that helped with your luggage.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Adelphi in the near future.
Durham, UK
Reviewed May 29, 2013

A family stay with 2 parents, and our 3 children aged 19,17 and 12. The hotel organised a generously sized double room for us with a connected single next door for the 12 year old. The older teenagers shared a twin room right next door. There were pleasant views out to sea from all the rooms, past the buildings on the other side of Main Street. Beds were comfortable, and the hotel peaceful. The next morning the breakfast was fine; fruit juice, cereal, pastries, toast, coffee and tea, and a choice of cooked breakfast as well. A May bank holiday Sunday night was £238 for all five of us including breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Marchelle H, Manager at Adelphi Portrush, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review Adelphi Portrush.
I am glad you had a comfortable stay and that our rates were favourable
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We left Belfast and the Titanic museum to stay in Portrush so that we could easily explore the Antrim coast, including Giants Causeway, Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge and Dunluce Castle. Staying at Adelphi was a great decision! The hotel is beautiful, the staff is friendly and helpful and there is even a small lounge and bistro on the premises.

Our room, 102, had a large bay window overlooking the coast and was a large comfortable room. The bathroom and the room were spotlessly clean and well furnished. The room was quiet.

Breakfast the following morning was delicious and presented nicely. You are seated and shown the continental style offering including a very welcome and yummy fruit salad. Coffee or tea are brought to you and your order for the hot portion is taken. My husband got the full Irish breakfast and I got the scrambled eggs with cornets of smoked salmon. It was all very good. We wished we could have had another night at the Adelphi.

Stayed May 2013
Marchelle H, Manager at Adelphi Portrush, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a glowing review for Adelphi Portrush. I am very pleased that you found our Staff very helpful and friendly; we always encourage them to go the extra mile,
It’s a shame you couldn’t stay the extra night as you would have liked but let’s hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Essex UK
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived in Portrush late Saturday afternoon on a bank holiday weekend and were concerned by the hordes of people everywhere and the heavy traffic which made it a bit hard to find the Adelphi. The crowds were there for a raft race but they soon cleared and we were very pleased when we found the hotel and checked in to our executive suite up on the top floor. Very nicely decorated, clean and comfortable with very helpful staff. We booked to eat in the Bistro downstairs but despite the favourable reviews of the food we subsequently decided to eat elsewhere as the room is a bit drab, its a big room but only a few tables at the front are near the window so the rest of the room doesnt have much atmosphere. Breakfast the next day was nothing special but nothing to complain about either. Would definitely recommend as its a great location and very well run!

Room Tip: We were in executive suite 409 on the top floor and it was really quiet with a very comfortable bed
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Marchelle H, Manager at Adelphi Portrush, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Adelphi Portrush.
I am delighted that you found your bedroom very comfortable, and our Staff friendly.
I am sorry that you found the Bistro a bit dark and not inviting. I can only assume you popped your head through when it was closed as we have lots of coloured lighting and a television along with background music to give out a welcoming ambience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
Portrush Atlantic Hotel
#5 of 8 in Portrush
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Adelphi Portrush? Share your experiences!