“Lovely seaside hotel”

Adelphi Portrush
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We stayed in the Adelphi in february which although is a little bit of a ghost town off season was nice and quiet. The hotel was lovely and the staff were friendly, I also used their salon facilities which was very relaxing. Only downside was that I wanted to have a facial while my boyfriend had a massage but there is only I treatment room so we had to take turns which defeated the pupose a bit for us. There were problems with the plumbing / bath sealant as when we had a bath one night we were had frantic staff knocking on our door to see if we had flooded the bathroom as the room below us was flooded! We didn't even have a drop of water on the floor so can only assume that the bath wasn't sealed properly! Overall we had a lovely stay albeit a quiet stay, Portrush might be more lively when the weather is nicer but there are lots of lovely things to see even if the rope bridge closes off season!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenser

Reviewed March 5, 2008

Me and my partner have just arrived back from the adelphi feeling extremely happy and relaxed after spending three nights there. The service we recieved was amazing staff were really warm and friendly and made us feel at home. There is not a single thing i could even complain about as the rooms were beautiful and very clean, towels and bedding changed daily, Also the the food in the bistro was lovely breakfast , lunch & dinner and they were really generous with there food portions. The adelphi is a no smoking hotel which at first was quite worrying as me and my partner are smokers but we coped and actually preffered it as our room never smelt of stale smoke and we found that also we cut down. We are going to return in the summer season and will be staying at the adelphi again as we were extremely happy with everthing in which the hotel offered. Thankyou to all the staff at the adelphi for making our stay a wonderfull 3 days. Sam & Jamie Room 409

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank SamandJamie
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Stayed for two nights and everything about the palce was very good. The only very small disappointment was that the room wasn't decorated with more character, in keeping with the building (a bit bland).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Ursulagh
Reviewed February 16, 2008

I booked the Adelphi for Valentines this year for me and my partner,
It was absolute heaven. We booked the honeymoon suite which had a massive bed and a luxurious Spa bath in the room, who could ask for more. The restaurant was lovely and the service efficient. I recommend the Steak Sandwich!!! The Spa facilities were amazing and exceeded my expectations. I had a comfy, quiet good nights sleep and an amazing breakfast with healthy options available. I definately believe this Hotel is a rose among thorns and theres such a relaxed atmosphere it does family run businesses a credit. Oh and big plus, the restaurant has just been licenced. :) The only down fall was that I actually had to go home.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2007

Based in Spain I travel on business all over the world. My memories of Portrush are those of a university student in the late 80´s and Barrys as a child. So when an aunt invited me to lunch at the Adelphi I was a little bit reluctant, but wow ! was I surprised, great food, great service and what a beautiful place. My aunt is regular and quite often goes for a week-end pampering session and thinks the place is wonderful, which is quite an accolade in itself, because as a veteran New Yorker, she´s a hard gal to please.
Keep up the good work, we´ll be back at Christmas

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank GerHuesca_Spain
Reviewed September 20, 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed our three day stay, absolutely everything was great.
The hotel just recently opened and the attention to detail is amazing. We had a very large room with a very comfortable Kingsize bed and plenty of space. The owners and staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The food and service also superb. We did opt for room service one morning and really enjoyed it. I would recommend going down for the breakfast, as the buffet spread was tremendous with everything from exotic fresh fruit salad to freshly baked pastries and of course the wide range of cereals, juices and yoghurts. On top of that we then opted for one full cooked breakfast and one healthy start. Presentation was excellent.
On two nights we dined in the restaurant where we can again say that the experience was great - it's described as a "bistro" but the fine dining we enjoyed should rate it as a top restaurant.
We thorougly enjoyed the SPA, which is fully tiled with natural stone! It is equipped with a large overflowing jacuzzi, a sauna and also a steamroom.
Certainly we will be returning and spreading the word - Portrush was badly in need of a place of this quality.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sara2martinr
Reviewed September 13, 2007

The hotel has been converted from three terraced five storey town houses with a sympathetic approach to conserving the fine architectural features of the original buildings. The owners have chosen decor and fittings which are superb and a local artist had provided some fine paintings for display in the comfortable lounge. This also had a PC for free internet access for residents or other hotel clients.

My room, number 402, was on the fourth floof and had some of the massive roof timbers exposed as a feature which I found delightful. The bathroom was excellent and the room contained a king size double and a single bed. Since I was on my own I slept in the single and got some excellent sleep over the four nights I stayed. For me this is a rareity since I do sleep more soundly at home than in a hotel away from home.

The bistro served imaginative food to a superb standard. I would not in the least be surprised if the hotel achieves some recognition of its culinary excellence from one of the internationally recognised guides. Bibendum could really acquire an extra tyre or two here. The attentive service from the staff was much appreciated.

The owners must be congratulated on setting up a hotel which will be one of the jewels of the tourist industry in Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank Skybolt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
0 mi away
#5 of 8 in Portrush
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Adelphi Portrush? Share your experiences!