“Great service, food and excellent value.”
Review of Royal Court Hotel

and 1 more site!
Royal Court Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went to the hotel about a week ago to check it out regarding food and service and I had a fantastic meal for only £12 - a buffet main course and desert. The chief's attention to detail stood out, the portions were generous and I was very impressed. Yesterday my wife and I went to the hotel for our tea and we both agreed that the food was lovely, well prepared and presented with more than a hint of expertise. The staff were excellent. My wife and I will certainly be going back to this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here Saturday 28th September, and we enjoyed our stay. We chose the carvery for our main meal and it was delicious and plenty of it. Our bedroom was tastefully decorated and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We will recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had the pleasure in dining in the Royal Court Hotel on 2 evenings. On both occassions we were given a window seat which had beautiful views over the sea. The staff in the restaurant were delightful, so helpful, absolutely nothing was two much bother. The food was delicious and portions were massive and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2013

on arrival at hotel restaurant the manageress was very attentive and helpful . we sat down and ordered our meal when it arrived I had to ask for my side order the wrong side was brought we had asked for a jug of ice water we are still waiting. Food very bland. when paying our bill the manageress ignored us. very disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Trevor R
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews saying how great the food was, I decided to try the Sunday carvery. I was highly disappointed starter was ok, however the main was a massive let down. Vegetables were horrible very little selection to choose from., totally blanded. Also the chef serving the food barely understood or even spoke a word of English. Apple crumble had one slice of apple in it n the custard was lumpy. Not what I expect when paying £18 per adult. Won't be back very disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Rose191111
Reviewed September 18, 2013

On a terrible windy day, we got a lovely warm reception and a very nice standard twin room (one double and one single). Everything was clean and worked, though the shower unit from the taps was a disappointment, what with the excitement of British plumbing - will I get this soap rinsed off before the water goes cold again? - but I should have just had a bath instead.
Dinner service was quite old-fashioned, but the carvery was exactly what you would expect. We were disappointed that breakfast service starts at 8, as we had to get on the road earlier. I normally travel on business and this would certainly put me off, as I need breakfast before getting to meetings that usually start at 9. So, overall, we were very comfortable and it was pretty much what we expected.

Room Tip: Being slightly out of town, I would think that there is no problem with road moise in any room. We w...