“great food could not fault”
Review of Silver Sands Restaurant - CLOSED

Silver Sands Restaurant
Reviewed August 16, 2013

down to earth good food had roast of day lovely staff caters great for children wee one had pasta and chicken loved it

1  Thank maureendonegal

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Prices a little on the expensive side. it came to over £ 20 for fish and chips fanta orange. my partner had chicken gougons chips ,onion rings to share and a coke. The place was packed

1  Thank Ewery
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was where me and my mother went for lunch. It took five minutes for our menu to come amd there was only two other full tables. They got our orders wrong, handed our chips inside a tiny bowl and salted them on us. When my mother went to the restroom, the two male waiters discussed "if we were going to stiff them" I would NOT return again.

3  Thank luv2travel495
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is an old-style fish and chip restaurant, dated and fairly scruffy. We went when it was not busy and ate well enough, though not particularly cheaply considering that the fare on offer could not be plainer and the surroundings are so unattractive.

This is as unsophisticated as eating gets. Looking on the positive side, it's quite without pretensions and one glance inside should leave you in no doubt what's in store. However, the various reviewers here who think it's great need to reconsider their standards, or their truthfulness, or maybe just get out more.

2  Thank nybor666
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Spent the weekend in Portrush and decided cor nostalgic reasons to have Sunday breakfast here as I remember it from years back being fab.....huge mistake!! My husband and his friend ordered the large breakfast each, I ordered small fry and my friend ordered toast bacon and egg. The toast arrived almost immediately along with tea and coffee. Coffee was bitter and tasted like it had been made a while ago. Asked for fresh coffee and was told the coffee granules are fresh (so much for it being filter coffee) but begrudgingly agreed to change it for tea. By the time breakfasts eventually arrived the toast had been devoured. Only one of the large breakfasts arrived and when asked where the other one was, was met by a totally blank look quickly followed with it will be ready soon but after spying what it looked like the waiter was told to cancel it. The fry looked like everything had been in the deep fat fryer including the bread and white and black pudding. Everything had a weird chippy fat taste to it and almost fishy. Was not eaten and when payingcstated we would not be paying for fries as we had not eaten them as it was obvious they had been overcooked in a deep fat fryer and they were inedible. Instead of being apologetic the teenagers working there proceeded to mouth off that is normally how frys are made. My husband then asked to speak to manager at which point some scowling Moody teenager grabbed the plates and stormed upstairs. The manager for some reason declined to make an appearance or speak to me but agreed that I didn't have to pay for food that I didn't (couldn't) eat. Attitude of the young staff was disgusting and they seemed irritated that our asking fir anything was interrupting their chatting. Perhaps learn some customer service skills instead of being insulting might help. Would avoid this place and I for one will not be back!!!

2  Thank PamelaKatreania