“Fab food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jackman & Pye - CLOSED

Jackman & Pye
Cuisines: Irish, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin
“Fab food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Visited here while on a short spring break in Portrush last month. It was a Wednesday night so the place was pretty empty, just one table of four and ourselves. The decor was nice but there was no atmosphere, mainly due to the emptyness of the place. The floor under our table was dirty, it looked like there had been a family with children there before as there was food debris on the floor. This is not acceptable, a quick run over with a vac or a a small brush would have sorted this out. I also had to return my fork which was dirty. There were 3 or 4 waiting staff on duty and they spent most of the time standing around the bar area chatting, I suppose as it wasn't busy they didn't have much to do. Those that did attend to our table were nice and friendly. On the positive side the food was gorgeous. My husband and I are fish lovers and it's not often we find fish that is very special. I had the trout, which arrived in the roasting dish with sides. The trout was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious. I can't remember what my husband had but he also raved about his food. I would go back here for the food but the staff need to pay more attention to the cleanliness. It seemed to me that as there were only a few customers it didn't really matter.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank obrienth

Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“1st class food.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife & I had a meal in Jackman & Pye - excellent food & service. Would definitely recommend. Make sure & book - always very busy in the evenings.

Visited February 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“can't believe the attitude of the owner”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

having been to this resturant last night for my partners birthday I will never be back. Our starter of Dublin Bay prawns was less than acceptable with not a solid prawn in the shell, when we pointed this out to the owner he informed us the prawns were 'SPENT' which I assume means there were not of good quality. We ordered a rib eye and a sirloin, the latter was very nice ,but the rib eye was tough so we proceeded to share the sirloin. When the waitress came to clear away we were asked how the meal had been, we pointed out our dissappointment her attitude became quite defensive. When we got our bill the prawns and ribeye had been removed. My partner had enquired about their hygiene rating and the owner became extremely aggressive ,invading his space and using the 'F' word on several occassions. We are mature people and have never witnessed such rude behaviour from anyone providing a service to the public. I was relating our experience to a friend who lives in the area and was told of someone else having been trearted inthe same manner. My suggestion would be the owner has some customer care lessons, otherwise I can't see his business staying open.

• Visited March 2013
7 Thank Suzieq531
“Great Atmosphere & Food”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have visited this restaurant now three times in the last three months - a recommendation in itself. The food is great and their early bird menu unbeatable for value. Staff are very engaging and you can have some craic with them. We had a table at 8pm and were not rushed throughout the evening. Starters included sardines and squid, main courses trout, baked cod, risotto and chicken - all great tasting. We even stretched to deserts and coffees (Irish of course). WE will be back.

• Visited February 2013
portrush
“worth a visit”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

my daughter and i visited tonight this was my second visit staff were very attentive and service was excellent food was very good my daughter ordered vegetarian paella the portion was enough for two people well worth a visit

• Visited March 2013