“delicious birthday meal”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2012

First visit to this excellent establishment. Attentive service from friendly staff. All food (for 5 of us) very high standard and enjoyed by all. Even non fish eaters enjoyed the mackerel pate! At short notice the restaurant added an additional person to our party. Heartily recommend this restaurant and will certainly return!

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I have never wrote a review before as i have just signed up to trip adviser however I feel the need to voice my opinions about this restaurant on this occasion! My husband and I had been staying with friends and it was them who recommended that we dine here.... What a mistake!! Firstly we tried to make a booking and the phone was never answered so we took a chance and hoped for the best!! Talk about awful service, we stood at the door for 5 mins as the waitresses did not know what they were doing and they seemed very stressed even tho the small restaurant did not seem that busy! We were seated upstairs which was cold and lacked atmosphere curtains on the windows may be an idea!!! I took 20 mins before our server came to take our drinks order at this time we were also ready to order but she said she would get our drinks first and be right back! Another 15 mins later she came back with the wrong drinks! We got our food within a reasonable amount of time it was just ok I had steak and my husband had a burger! No-one came to check if we were ok! I'm unsure what their dessert menu is like ( i am a big lover of sweet things) but we got up and left as we had had enough! The girl who took our bill did not talk to us and I noticed her mobile phone beeping beside her! We also could hear the restaurant phone ringing but no-one answering it! I have heard mixed reviews as it hasnt been open that long we would like to give them another try but only if they employ new staff who actually care a little about customer service! Overall we were extremely disappointed!

1  Thank Charlielass
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Steak (ribeye) was cooked to perfection, sauce was delish & chips were proper homemade and divine!! Not too badly priced for the quality of food available and the staff were attentive and pleasant. Would recommend the steak to anyone, those I dined with had steak and others had salmon, I'm not a big fish lover but even I will be getting some of the fish dishes next time...there will be many next times!

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I dined here 2nite for our wedding anniversary, I had booked it for a surprise (I've put the number in my title) a much more romantic setting than the cattle market down the road! Although the place was very busy we were greeted straight away by a polish girl who kindly sat us at our table, cutlery set (don't have to get your own like other places) and gave us menus, we were promptly brought olives and nuts (nice touch) and asked what we would like to drink by the bar man (very friendly) wine list wonderful offering good range and good prices. This was brought to us no problem and while we waited we enjoyed our olives... scrummy! they were done in a nice sort of marinated garlic oil. Reading threw the menu my wife and I were surprised by the range of food on offer and although it is a seafood place it had a lot of steak,bang bang,burgers etc on offer to! My wife ordered the scallop starter and I opted for the chicken wings (a finger pot was brought to me for cleaning after the wings another nice touch) for our mains I had the porterhouse steak, surfed and turfed my wife had the cod in Parma ham and we shared our sides of garlic and sage chips (highly recommended) and champ (creamy and tasty) these were all brought by another member of staff, woman with blonde hair (must be manager as i seen her co ordinating the impeccable members of staff) very friendly and attentive as I had asked her for more napkins, salt and pepper and a look at the wine list and nothing was a problem, the portion size of food was great and so much that we opted out of choosing a dessert, although the people beside us had the waffles (they looked delicious!) I honestly have to say from the moment we walked in to the min we left our experience was second to none, the food, pricing, staff, and atmosphere! A much enjoyed evening and we will be back.... And we will be bringing all our friends and family!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

First time I have eaten in this restaurant, but I was pleasantly surprised. Priced well, although paying extra for sides always goes against the grain, you can't eat steak without chips, but good sized portions of both main meals and sides. I had a lovely steak, unfortunately the duck my companion was served was first tepid, then twice cooked which left it dry and tasteless but the staff were very apologetic and we were not charged for the duck. The seating was a little cramped, but the surroundings were relaxing and staff courteous and well turned out. I was glad that I had booked a table as it was busy on Saturday evening. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Fiona D