“Warm and welcomng! Great atmosphere and lovely staff”
Review of Harbour bar

Harbour bar
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Portrush
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcomng! Great atmosphere and lovely staff”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Fantastic traditional pub. Lovely snug with huge open fire and plenty of locals and tourists to meet and chat with. Well worth a visit.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tanya_k99

• Hungarian first
“A warm welcome”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We came to the bar to watch the Ireland vs Wales rugby match. The bar is small and inviting and the bar man gave outstanding service. He really took care of my mum plying her with tea during the game and arranged a table for us after the game in the attached restaurant. He even popped into the restaurant before he finished his shift to say goodbye. Don't leave Portrush without going for a drink here!

1 Thank ktdavies
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“As good as ever”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I left N Ireland three years ago, and whenever I go home to visit I always try to get a trip to the harbour (anyone of the restaurants!) and it is always as a good as I remember it. It's maybe even better now that the Mermaid has opened. I'll go back. I always do

• Visited February 2014
glasgow
“great guinness and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Visited the Harbour bar and bistro whilst on a weekend break in Portrush. Great food and cosy atmosphere in a traditional surrounding. Bar seems small at first sight but opens up to a larger bistro and loft bar. Excellent and extremely popular with locals and visitors alike. Ate in the Mermaid which is a sister restaurant on the Sunday evening. It is equally fabulous with great views across the harbour and Antrim coast.Prices are reasonable and the staff are very personable. Well worth a visit for the Guinness!

• Visited February 2014
“Great Bar!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Is this not about the bar!?!? I'm writing solely about the bar and not the associated restaurants which have their own review pages!
My wife and I love this place! We arrived up on Sat 25th Jan and immediately hotfooted it to enjoy possibly the best pint of Guinness you will have this side of the border! This was repeated over the weekend as I find myself hard to drag away! It is a place where you will always get a friendly greeting and more often than not will find yourself having great craic with total strangers! On the Monday night we found we had the bar totally to ourselves (has NEVER happened before!) which was a novelty but Terry the barman kept us amused and was always ready to chat even though I don't think he was feeling the best!!! (the cough gave it away Terry!)
If you want a traditional bar that always has life about it, no hassles from rowdies and a great pint, look no farther! Here's hoping Willie is back well soon as we have missed him the last 3 visits! The celebrity lifestyle must be catching up...! Thanks!!!

• Visited January 2014