“changing rooms need up dated”

Waterworld - Portrush
Ranked #7 of 22 things to do in Portrush
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular attraction offers a unique indoor experience.
COLERAINE,NORTHERN IRELAND
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“changing rooms need up dated”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Took my daughter down to Waterworld had rang down before arriving to price it and it was over a fiver for adults and same for children but due to having an access to leisure card we got in half price so it was 2.50 each but when we arrived the changing room was jammed packed had to change in the toilet as there wasnt any space left or family cubicles as theres only two. The pool it's self is brilliant for kids and adults alike but the slides my daughter had great fun must of been on them 40-50 times think it could do with being a bit updated more and the lockets it's self are 10p which you don't get back so if you open to get something before you go back in to the pool better to have some handy. The price is a bit steep although you do get in for as long as you want so can't complain on that one my daughter is also at the age she can use the Jacuzzi as it's for 8 and overs. We srated for 2 hours but my daughter had plenty of fun the vending machines are a bit of a joke 1.00 for a tin of coke.

Belfast, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Kids loved it”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I took my son and his friend here as they heard that it was good. They loved every minute of it and because they were 8 I didn't need to go in with them. I was able to go to the shop and get a few things and call bk again. I thought they only got an hour but after 2 hours I realised that wasn't the case, so value is great. There is two big slides, a fair size pool, which older ones seemed to be in and a smaller one to the side of that. There is plenty for younger ones to do, small slides etc...

1 Thank angela m
Northern Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Our children loved it”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Visited today with our 4 & 1/2 year old. They both had a great time on the pirate ship, water pistols and going down the little and big slides. Waterworld isn't huge but I remember it seemed giant when I was their age. Comments on the changing rooms were echoed by my wife. Guys were good and pretty clean, but she said previous visitors had left a real mess in the Ladies one with lots of litter and old crisps etc. left everywhere. It seems the biggest problem here is the lack of consideration shown to fellow waterworld users unfortunately. The sadly typical "drop it at your bum for someone else to deal with" outlook which trashed Portstewart strand a few weeks back and left the National Trust wardens running ragged, again ruining it for everyone else. Using a bin is not that hard surely? Other than that we had a great couple of hours and will hopefully make it back before the summer is over.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“An alternative family day out”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Waterworls is quite small as has a limit range of slides with 2 big slides and 2 smaller slides. It is ok for a chane but would not be til of my kids to do list. Would not recommend for children over 10 more for younger kids. It a little overpriced for a family and cafe if expensive unhygienic actually would not recommend cafe at all.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank Igjh2005
Halifax, NS, Canada
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great Couple Hours with Young Children”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We spent a little over 2 hours in Waterworld and had a great time with our 6 year old boy and 4 year old girl. I would say Waterworld is best for kids up to 10, and then it may start to lose some of its excitement, but still pretty good.

It has 2 water slides - they are not wild & crazy (hence the "up to 10" comment), but my 4 year old enjoyed coming down with me (have to be 5 to go by yourself) and 6 year old loved it.

There are a number of water guns attached to pirate ship and near the side of the pool which provides a lot of fun too.

A small space for swimming at 1m depth, some smaller slides off of pirate ship, and a wading area too.

Everything could use a fresh coat of paint, but it is a great spot.

15 pounds for the family.

Only 10p for lockers. Also a balcony up above in pool area for people to watch.

Overall, highly recommended for 90 minutes to 2 hours of fun.

1 Thank wsekem