“Good.....but could be better!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adelphi Bistro

Adelphi Bistro
Ranked #8 of 62 Restaurants in Portrush
Cuisines: British, Irish, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northern Ireland
“Good.....but could be better!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We visited the Adeiphi last week and opted for the £13.95 menu (4 courses). This was excellent value......the portions were generous, the food was tasty. We had rib eye steaks......they were cooked perfectly. I had Mint Aero Cheesecake for dessert - also lovely. The young folks serving us were all pleasant.........BUT service was slow and at one stage we had definitely been forgotten about. As another person commented.......I reckon that the restaurant was understaffed.
However, we will return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Belfast
“Terrible meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We are a regular customer. Was in for a meal on Thursday 18th July 2013 @ 1.30 pm. Have been many times in the past and it is not hard to see that they have one disastrous chef because when this person is on our meal has always been terrible. You get a very small portion and everything is done as badly as possible ie hard crispy chips, tasteless, little meat and no thought or presentation given. We always know when there is a different chef on as everything is really good, tasty and well presented. We have a lot of friends and family that dine in this Bistro and they have the same thoughts. Something needs done within the kitchen to sort this problem out once and for all and I hope it is sooner rather than later for your Bistro is getting a very bad repetition just because of one person. I do like your Bistro and I will be back but I will monitor if Management addresses this problem. I hope that this will be solved as quick as possible.

Visited July 2013
“awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 other friends had decided that we would have something to eat. I remembered that I had eaten here before so I recommended it to my friends and we all agreed we would go. We all decided that we would go for the two courses for £10.95. My friend is a vegetarian and the only option she could have was vegetable fajitas. No selection at all and the waitress did not offer her any other choices. For starter two of us had soup, which was very bland, and the mushroom starter came out cold. Four our main course, 2 of us we had chilli chicken and Garlic chicken, which we could not fault. It was let down by the side orders, the garlic fries were dry and so were the chips. the vegetarian fajita was completely swimming in grease. I did wait for a waiter/waitress to perhaps come and check if everything was okay with our meals but nobody did. Once we had finished the waitress cleared our table and still did not ask if we enjoyed it or anything. Finally when we came to pay i assumes we would then be asked about our meals, but nothing. The customer service skills in this restaurant were terrible. A very bad experience from when we walked in until we walked out, I would not recommend this to anybody and most certainly won't be back!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to eat in Portrush”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife, 10 month old daughter and I visited the Adelphi Bistro on a VERY wet day at the start of July 2013. We were warmly greeted upon arrival and had a very enjoyable lunchtime meal. My wife ordered chicken strips and I ordered Chicken Maryland. The portion sizes are very generous and the food was freshly prepared and very tasty. The staff were really polite, helpful and attentive. We would happily recommend the bistro to visitors to Portrush. And a thank you and well done to the chef and staff!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“"A little gem"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

What a find .. Great food , great service & value , the Adelphi is also spotless & staff very helpful & courteous , I will be back :-))