“Overpriced for what it is”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Ranked #48 of 63 Restaurants in Portrush
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=&layer=c&z=17&iwloc=A&sll=55.206561,-6.652915&cid=8957965021612183517&cbp=13,253.2,-0.6,0,0&panoid=7EgIZBXmLsB0j1s5a7guNA&ei=DM8iTqbqDo6zhAe54_zAAw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=streetview-image-link&cd=1&resnum=5&ved=0CD4QnwIoADAE
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Overpriced for what it is”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited this restaurant yesterday after searching for a while for somewhere to eat, we thought it seemed a bit overpriced but since it was raining and we had walked a bit already we thought we would give it a go. My parents got haddock and chips with mushy peas which they both enjoyed, although the chips were from frozen. I am vegetarian and was pleased to see four choices on the menu, but when arriving upstairs one of the choices (the noodles) was covered up on the menu, so now I was limited to three choices. I picked the veggie burger which said it came with french fried onions and dressed salad - when it arrived the burger had a whole tomato inside the bun which had been fried or grilled but was rock hard in the middle, so I didnt eat it, it also came with a fried green pepper and onion rings inside the bun (not french fried like stated) it was quite bland and had no dressing or cheese etc on it, the burger itself I am pretty sure I have a box of at home in my freezer! The 'dressed salad' was nothing of the sort, it was a few wizzled up lettuce leaves, raw onion and bits of tomato - no dressing. I was glad I had ordered chips on the side as it was pretty small. Although this should come with chips as that is why it ends up being overpriced. The staff seemed friendly and helpful enough, but the guy who took our order seemingly had a hard time understanding us as we had to repeat ourselves a few times, and I ended up with two glasses of juice despite clearly asking for one. My mum and dad enjoy having bread and butter with their fish and chips but apparently they don't do bread and butter! Nice enough inside, but the food was a real let down for the price. I'd save myself the bother next time and just get chips to eat out or go across the road to the chippy that is basic but more reasonably priced and better quality (we ate there several weeks ago but wanted to try somewhere else, will stick to what we know in future!)

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Kristene288

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Fish & chips by the sea”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

As we were at the seaside had to have fish and chips at least once. The Spinnaker looked to be good value for money and better than eating in a fish and chip shop. Yes it is a bit scruffy, but our fish chips and mushy peas were great, staff were friendly drinks were reasonably priced, would go again for fish and chips.

Visited July 2014
Cupar, United Kingdom
“It was OK but not great”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The place is a bit shabby and the menu a bit limited, there are better places to eat in Portrush. wouldn't go back

“Dreadful”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Rump steak special, tasted like rubber. Children's meal burnt to a crisp, chips frozen not fresh. Becks beer 2 years out of date! replaced with a Guinness which had the consistency of tap water!
Service ok, usual 17yr olds running the place.
If this is the standard of food in the run up to the British open then oh dear. Lot of work to be done.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice food and pleasent staff.”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had steak and chips (steak was cooked perfectly) and mum had fish which she said was delicious. Nothing out of the ordinary but tasty food with a smile.