“Summer 2012”

Leona's Tea Room & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Portrush
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Leona's is a cosy Tea-Room and Bakery located at Magherabuoy House Hotel in Portrush. We sell a wide range of baked goods, including traybakes, cakes, breads and scones, all of which are made by us in-store following traditional recipes and using locally-sourced ingredients.You will be warmly welcomed to Leona's and can be assured of friendly, professional service at all times.
Reviewed July 30, 2012

.....Been to Leona's a few times and every time have been meet with VERY friendly staff and a GREAT choice of homebaked delights. Last time we popped in for lunch and as there were 7 of us, 4 of which were kids we needed two tables which was absolutely NO problem despite a very busy tea room....! Its a rare thing that kids are meet with such enthusiasm in an eating establishment....! Thank You, will def be back.....!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I went here with my mum and it's such a lovely little place. We had a light lunch and it was ideal. They have a great selection for lunch and an amazing array of baked goods for afterwards! I've never seen a display like it! It's also really good value for money as it's not overly priced at all. I don't know how I haven't know about this place before but I'll definitely be back next year at uni! The staff were all really pleasant and helpful also :)

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I visited Leonas tearoom last week and what a treat. I headed up fairly early in the morning (it opens at 10am) and it was quite busy so I'm sure it would be really busy at lunch times. The tearoom really is amazing though, the owner makes all the cakes from scratch, everything is homemade. The staff were so friendly. The night before this I had a chippy and an ice cream so I didn't want to over do it with a huge cake (the cakes really are the size that the photos show) and so I got a scone with a latte. The prices are incredibly cheap for what you get, £1.30 for the scone and with it you get cream, jam and butter. The scone was huge and really really tasty. The latte was pretty good too and over all it was a really lovely morning spent on the couch in Leonas. I asked the staff if I could take a few pictures to show folk when I got home and they were more than happy for me to do this. Overall I would say if you're in this area why go anywhere else? This really is an absolute gem of a place, don't go down to the sea front where places rip you off with cakes that have been lying for ages, go to Leonas with friendly staff, great prices and sublime cakes. The only slight downside is the size, this can't be helped so I can't take any marks off for it but I would imagine during lunch times it could get very very busy.

Top marks though, superb and keep it up!!

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

If you like home cooking this is the place to go! Very relaxed atmosphere with the most scrumptious cakes! Staff very helpful and the only difficulty u will hav is deciding what to choose! I think it opens ten to four and closed sun. Also serving salads sandwiches paninis etc and cakes to take away as well. The only place to eat in portrush. Try it!!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have been a regular visitor to Portrush over the years and never miss an opportunity to visit Leona's. My 3 year old daughter and wife just love this place. The atmosphere is cosy and welcoming we usually sit in the large sofa chill out and read the papers while our wee one colours in. The home cooking is where this little hidden gem excels, fresh and tasty every time we visit served by friendly and helpful staff. Keep up the good work and if anyone is visiting the Port over the holiday period this place is a must visit. My only wish was that you were closer to Tyrone so we could visit more often.