“Great food & service”

Atlantic Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 62 Restaurants in Portrush
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Food and Drink at Golflinks Hotel -Kellys Complex Portrush
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Great food & service”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Dined here on a busy Saturday night with a few friends and have to say the food was lovely and service was great. Also thank-you to Ciaran who made us feel very welcome.

• Visited August 2014

Londonderry
“Not bad!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Ate here on Saturday night as we couldn't get a table elsewhere and was pleasantly surprised after the not so good reviews I heard! They managed to get us a table even though they were fully booked and service was good and quick! Can't say a bad word about it! Great atmosphere in it also. Great weather and great food to too the day off. Will be back and got 10% off also as we were staying in the holiday home park!

N. Ireland
“Good food and reasonably priced”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were visiting friends at their caravan and called in here for dinner and were pleasantly surprised.. The food was very good and the service was also very good We will definitely be returning next time we are in the area

1 Thank LorraineMcCord
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice food but terrible service”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had a meal here last Tuesday with my elderly mum and the meal was nice but the problem was the TWO foreign bodies my mum bit into which were in her Chicken. We don't know if they were pieces of bone or not but mum complained that she thought her tooth had broken, I saved the foreign bodies on a napkin and reported it to the waiter, he however seemed totally underwhelmed by it all and promptly rolled up the napkin and removed the evidence (so to speak) saying " but the meal was otherwise ok ? " I replied yes but I would like what had happened to be reported to the kitchen as I wasn't happy about it, he then left saying he would report it but he failed to return with any feedback or a proper apology.

Sorry, I forget to mention that mum originally ordered lamb shank and I had Lasagne however a full 20 mins after we placed our order the waitress came to inform us that they had no Lamb left. TWENTY MINUTES, is this an acceptable time to wait to be told something is off the menu ? They weren't even that busy as service was ending soon, after we finally got our food we never seen a waitress or waiter for a good 15 mins after that, nobody asked how the meal was or if we needed drinks, there seemed a real Lax attitude amongst the staff I am very sorry to say.

Next morning mum woke up to part of her front tooth missing, she had to go to the dentist two days after getting home from her wee holiday for repairs.

A sad ending to an otherwise enjoyably trip, we ate out every night in either Portrush or Portstewart and this was our only poor experience, shocking service, the food WAS good (apart from the extras in the chicken) but I still wouldn't eat here again, I am not a fussy person but I was/am angry that it happened to my mum on our last night and that it wasn't dealt with in a professional manner.

2 Thank Mark P
mulligansharon
“Excellent food, brilliant service”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

As a large group staying at the hotel I couldn't recommend the restaurant enough, excellent service and quality of food was great. Something to suit everyone with a price to match!!

Will definitely be back!! Highly recommended