“Excellent friendly hotel”

Portrush Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I have used this hotel several times when staying in Portrush and cannot fault it. The location is superb with beautiful views over the bay to the Skerries.
The atmosphere is always very welcoming and the staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. The food is very good and at a reasonable price and the Sunday carvery is excellent value.
Some live music would be nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Portrush Atlantic Hotel

Reviewed February 20, 2011

I stayed with my other half from Thurs-Sat. The food is superb, the dinner menu is impressive and my goodness the breakfast is fantastic. The waiters and waitresses are so so good, friendly, polite and work so hard. The cleaners are even so so friendly and never walk by without a hello. The rooms are immaculate and we got a fantastic sea view. Only a few bad points, the bathroom was a real let down, the bath is tiny and the shower took forever to heat up. Also for some reason the front of house/ reception staff are so unwelcoming, when your coming in and out they practically leap into their computer screens so they don't have to meet your eye, smile or greet you in any way. Lisa was the only friendly staff on reception, the rest need learn a lesson from her and the cleaning staff on how to be hospitible! These are two bad points in a long, long list of good points, I would reccommend this hotel to anybody and prices are so reasonable. BOOK TODAY!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2011

On arrival we were allocated a beautifully decorated and comfortable room looking out to sea. After checking our room we met up with friends in the hotel restaurant for birthday celebration lunch. We were all very pleased with the service, food and drink choice, and cost of the meal. For our evening meal we decided to go to the Ramore, only a 200m stroll from the hotel. Our meals and wine there were excellent, and with the hotel being so close it was an easy walk back again . The next morning we had our inclusive buffet breakfast in the restaurant which we both felt was tasty and well presented. All in all a very worthwhile experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2011

why for all this cry-making? was very nice hotel with good sea views of sea and for thinking of civilisation lands beyond sea.. Kind people at reception and bar - only problem was strange noise of local speaking everywhere: ARRR ARRR what it mean? Why they make this ARRR noise all night outside - even on Wednesday? Otherways very nice pleasing Hotrl with nice carpeting.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank HappyMartin
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Stayed in hotel for one night. On the plus side friendly staff, very comfortable bed, room generally clean, spacious room, good location. However on the negative side the bedroom carpet was very badly stained and generally worn down. Seriously, this is not good enough. If you cannot afford to lay new carpets, at least get it cleaned with an industrial cleaner!! Breakfast was bland and of cheap, poor quality items. In bathroom water hot but shower head over bath was very loose on the wall and would not stay in place. Paid £79 for a double room with breakfast. Would have been rather annoyed if I had paid more. Hotel has carpark which I would guess holds approx 15 cars! Therefore, had to park on the street away from the hotel. Did not eat dinner in the hotel, ate dinner at Ramore restaurant at the harbour which was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren2
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Overall I would rate the Ramada Portrush as very good from my experience. This was the only chain hotel that I stayed in on my week long drive from Kinsale to Portrush up the west coast of Ireland. The other stays were at B & Bs. The trip was last November and was the off season for Portrush. Not much was going on. The town is a tired old coastal resort town with a rundown feel to it. If it had not been for the fact that I wanted to play golf at the Royal Portrush Golf Club I probably would not have even stayed in Portrush.
The receptionist at the front desk at the Ramada was helpful in getting me a tee time at the Club. I got an early afternoon tee time on the Valley course. I was one of the few people playing the course. It was misty and windy when I started my round, but became partly cloudy by the end of my round. It was one of the most memorable rounds of my life. If you have seen some of the photos in Life magazine a few years ago on the Portrush course you can get an idea of the atmosphere that late afternoon of my visit.
The staff was also helpful in suggesting a restaurant for dinner, which was very good. The room my daughter and I stayed in at the Ramada was renovated and stylish. The shower was hot and forceful. We parked right in front of the entrance. The breakfast was very good and plentiful. I remember that the coffee was from an individual coffee press for each customer. I enjoyed the location of the hotel on the strand. For the purpose of my visit, the Ramada was okay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We decided to take up an offer the ramada Portrush had on and we were extremely delighted with the whole experience.
From entering reception to room quality, from breakfast to evening meal, everything was first class.
The knowledge of the staff superb. Even managed to watch barcelona playing on tv, whilst all others appeared to be watching the X factor final.
We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
Adelphi Portrush
#2 of 8 in Portrush
Causeway Hotel
Causeway Hotel
#3 of 3 in Bushmills

Been to Portrush Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!