“Quality from start to finish”

Portrush Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We decided to take up an offer the ramada Portrush had on and we were extremely delighted with the whole experience.
From entering reception to room quality, from breakfast to evening meal, everything was first class.
The knowledge of the staff superb. Even managed to watch barcelona playing on tv, whilst all others appeared to be watching the X factor final.
We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Portrush Atlantic Hotel

Reviewed December 17, 2010

Re- posted due to comment I made about the Management that was worded in-Correctly.

I had high hopes for the Ramada due to the location and the brand name.

HOW wrong I was. The reception staff were rude verging on pompous as I had arrived 15 minutes early. More or less told to take a seat at the front area and wait !!! Great Customer service skills, NOT !! I then eventually found the room as I walked down the almost black corridor with lights trying to switch on with sensors. The room initially Looked OK but when I opened the bathroom door I was hit by a smell like rotten eggs. There were hairs in the bath and the towel's had seen better days. The room was frozen cold and the radiator took forever to heat up the room. I complained but never got a reply back from the receptionist. I had tried to park my car bit was unable to as there were reserved signs all over the car park. I then discovered that the car that had come in before me was staff ? Not a great start to the day. In fact 2 spaces were reserved for staff who appeared to be the chef and the Manager. Customers apparently come second in this establishment.
I decided to have lunch and again it was very disappointing. The waitress appeared to have problems understanding me and I had to repeat the order several times. The food was cold and bland. Perhaps it was not the chef who cooked it as she seemed to spend the day outside smoking . The whole experience was horrendous and one that I will not repeat.
I have been to Portrush three times on business and stayed once at a B&B that was near the police station, I cannot remember the name. It was lovely but a little small.

The other hotel I stayed at was the Adelphi. What a contrast. Excellent receptionist who showed me the room, explained breakfast and that they served dinner and also explained free wifi etc. Again this was FREE. Take note Ramada.
Room was large, warm and very comfortable. Spotless bathroom and everything I needed for a good nights sleep. Dinner was excellent and very good value for money. Breakfast was superb and the checkout took minutes. This is an excellent hotel and is family run. NEXT time I am in Portrush this is where I will book. I even received a Christmas card , Now that's Customer service. Take note again Ramada.

Don't waste your money on this corporate hotel which has very little to do with the Ramada name and do yourself a favour and book next door.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank Johnleomcl
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We really enjoyed our time in Northern Ireland, but our 3-night stay in Portrush was not a bright spot. The hotel has a tired, worn feel and frankly, the town of Portrush does, too. A lot of tourist groups pass through the hotel, which isn't a bad thing, but something to be aware of. If I was planning our trip again, I'd pick a different town to stay in (unless you're a golfer) and hotel that is more personal and intimate.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank afarmandthirsty
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Fantastic hotel and service, lovely food and lively bar. Will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Excellent service and staff attitude, large spotlessly clean room with wonderful sea view on 3rd floor, convenient for exhilarating walks on East strand, food delicious and great choices, quiet at night, would definititely return. Wifi too expensive to use
Helena Trimble

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2010

The Ramada is located at the edge of the peninsula at Portrush, Northern Ireland. A new property, it faces the sea to the east across a small park, located in a mixed area off older shops and newer condos. The hotel is a convenient walk from the train station (1 1/2 hour ride from Belfast) and has parking on-premises; taxi's are easy to come by. The staff is very friendly; the front desk team is always ready with a smile or good advice. The hotel caters to business vacationers, either up for a conference or in town for golf. There are good beach walks and world heritage sites nearby: the town has few attractions apart from the harbor area (and the outstanding Harbor Bistro for dinner).

Check-in was handled well and there are elevators to the rooms: the hotel is accessible. Rooms are modern and well appointed, the double bed was comfortable and there was only occasional street noise. There is in-room tea and coffee, safe, cable TV, and (for a fee) wireless internet. The bathroom is clean and bright, but has no hot water: temperature is moderate and pressure was a trickle.

The hotel has a full restaurant and bar with good quality meals, a buffet breakfast is included in the room price. It follows Irish standards (eggs, meats, potatoes, tomatoes, breads) and is abundant: the wait-staff leaves a pot of coffee at the table. The hotel did a good job catering our mini-conference, and the projection and sound facilities in the meeting rooms were good.

This is a good hotel for a retreat or a weekend along the coast. Reasonably priced, good food, comfortable rooms, lots of nature-things enjoy in a splendid setting.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank DaveH-ExPat
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Stayed here for one night recently as needed to be in the area the next day and didn't want to stay in Coleraine. Located centrally, with easy walking distance to the main street and the seaside. Hotel looks out onto the seafront with sea views available, but I booked the day before so my room looked out onto the car park at the back. Friendly staff at reception and in the restaurant, and the food was delicious. Some of the best that I have eaten in a hotel restaurant, and breakfast was great too - lots of choice and nice and fresh. Rooms were comfortable and clean. My only issues were that the saltwater from the sea was all over my window so I couldnt really see out, and my shower wasn't more than a trickle, but I reported this at the end of my stay. WIFI was also pricy at £2 for 20 mins! Would stay here again if I was in the area, and would eat here again too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank smithers2002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
Adelphi Portrush
#2 of 8 in Portrush
Causeway Hotel
Causeway Hotel
#3 of 3 in Bushmills

Been to Portrush Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!