GolfLinks Hotel
Cromore Halt Inn(Portstewart)
Bayview Hotel(Portballintrae)
The Anchorage Inn(Portstewart)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgroupon dealwednesday nightfree upgrade to a suitehow friendly and helpful the staffsuite roomchristmas giftrooms are smallportion sizesgarlic frieswee breakgoujonsfrom start to finishpavlovabreakfast each morningnight portergreat showergiants causeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a couple of nights this week and really enjoyed the break. The decor and furnishings in the hotel are excellent and fresh. The bedroom was spacious and the bathroom while lacking a bath was very modern with an excellent multi jet power shower. The room was very warm and there was no window to open but there was a little air conditioner which helped. The setting of the hotel overlooking The Royal Portrush Golf course is an excellent one and the north coast of Northern ireland is without equal anywhere I have been although a lot of building around portrush could do with a lick of paint. We also had an excellent breakfast both mornings and while we were unable to eat at the restaurant we did check the menu and it looked excellent. We stayed on wednesday night and while there a bit of music noise from the club the staff very readily offered to turn it down which they did and we heard nothing more of it or even the people leaving in the wee small hours.
Overal a great hotel in lovely location and we got a few beautiful sunny if cold days by the sea.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DarrellNI
Reviewed January 30, 2012

A very boutique look to the reception/bar/restaurant areas. Very stylish indeed and check in was swift and friendly. We were given a large room which had plenty of space, but as we were there on a Wednesday night, Kelly's club was in full swing. We'd have loved to have gone clubbing but as we had a 1 year old in the room with us, might not have been a good idea. Basically if you're at the rear, you'll not get any sleep until the club ends at 1.30. Might have been an idea to sound proof/triple glaze the rooms? Anyway, that was the only irritation. Staff are very chatty and friendly, excellent.

Room Tip: Best to ask for front/side facing
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

On reading other reviews we were almost going to cancel our trip but went ahead anyway.The Hotel was first class from the moment we arrived with a friendly greeting from the receptionist who was more than helpful with the check in.The room was not the biggest I have seen but was perfect for our needs and more important was well furnished and spotless .On both evenings we had dinner and a few drinks and could not have got better and more friendly service than we got from Sam the barman,We will not hesatate to return later on in the year and would recommend a stay at this friendly Hotel to anybody

Room Tip: We had room 15 and even the night club didn,t disturd us
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RobertM251
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have never in my life wrote about service I received, good or bad. I stayed on Jan 19th and 20th. I purchased it as a deal, and had a giggle thinking that I only live 15 miles down the road, and am staying in Portrush. I had never eaten in the restaurant previous to my stay.

I can only say I was blown away by the excellent value for money, luxury decor, and cleanliness of the rooms and hospitality of staff. I am a local and must say that people from far and wide will be talking about the Irish hospitality, local or not. I sometimes take for granted that local restaurants and cafes hospitable. I realised over my stay they aren’t. The staff have reminded me that some places and people are exceptional, adlantis is one of them.

The staff everywhere I went in the hotel were pleasant, chirpy, and well turned out. I spoke to housekeepers, reception, bar and restaurant staff in the mornings and the same staff at night for our meals and they were just as pleasant in the evening.

What can I say about breakfast...... wow!! They will see me in again for breakfast even if I’m not staying. I felt like I was robbing them it was that good.
 They have an exceptional team of staff, that obviously work well together to give the customer exactly what they want.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank chrissylc
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a 2 night stay in Atlantis during December for a midweek break. On arrival we were impressed by the reception area and restaurant area which looks like it has been recently refurbished at some cost.
Well maybe they should have spent a few pounds on the rooms. We were given a room which i could only describe as a box room. my girlfriend placed an item on the bedside cabinet which slid onto the floor due to the floor of the room being dipped in the middle. I then decided to look out the only small window in the room and to my surprise there was a large dirty air conditioning vent which was in a dirty yard. The carpet on the floor of the room had stains on it and had not been cleaned. So we went back to reception to complain about the room where the "manager" moved us to a larger room upstairs. This room was better but the furniture was like something my granny had in the 70's and there was no heating on. So, not wanting to hang about we made our way out for dinner and a few drinks that evening.
On our return at around 1 am on a cold December nite- there was still no heating on! We rang down to reception and they said that it would be turned back on. We nodded off to sleep after a long day but woke in the morning and were absolutely frozen! needless to say we didn't stay for our second night which we had already paid for.
when we were checking out the staff didn't even query why or ask about our stay. maybe a good thing for them as they would not have liked what they would have been told.
all in all a terrible stay and one place that we will never return to.
Just cant believe that they have spent so much money on the downstairs of the hotel and seem to have totally neglected the key part of a hotel- the rooms!! awful place!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple