“Familys avoid!! Never experienced anything like it! Worst Caravan site ever!!”

Skerries Holiday Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portrush
Skerries Holiday Park
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Owner is rude and nasty! Your Kids can't move and are being watched in away that is distrubing! Never have I come across a caravan site for so many rules and a owner who walks around it like she's the police. I fully understand rules have to be in place to keep the caravan site safe and enjoyable but this site is just unbeleviable! The owner is a horrible women who should not be dealing with the public! Iv stayed in plenty of caravan parks and safe to say I am in total shock at the Skerries maybe it suld be called the scareys and between her security staff who knock at your caravan door as if there putting it through and her awful way of dealing with the public this caravan park is def a scarey place!!! I'm still in shock at the way this women gets away with talking to people!!

• Stayed: July 2013
20  Thank joannelegolas

Reviewed July 10, 2013

As a family we have stayed at Skerries Holiday Park over a number of years and never had any problems with the owners/staff (but personally know people who have had problems) - most have been friendly and helpful - a lovely clean site well maintained and beautiful views over North Coast. There is a well stocked (if a bit expensive) shop and Chip Shop on site and many places to eat and drink within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CityVisitor_13
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Thought we would give camping a go for a few nights...excellent spot for the tents very big and plenty of room.showers and wash room is amazing very clean and well looked after.staff are more than willing to help and very friendly.will def be back in a tent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank neil i
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Despite some other reviews we found the site management very friendly. We stayed with a touring caravan and what struck me was that the ground conditions were great, nice even grass, ;even pitch and no mud. Toilets are spotless and palyground is great.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rinty69
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at skerries on the may bank holiday myself and my 2 and 4 yr old, facilities were fantastic cleaned very regular, shop and chippy so handy and nice!! Park was great the kids loved it.. Nice and quiet at night which was ideal, and really safe for my 4 yr old to ride his bike around!! We will defo b back really soon :-)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lisamni
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It would seem that many people are having the same problem that I encountered! The Management! Friends of my family were staying here in a Touring Caravan and one night we were sitting in their awning, chatting and had low music playing from inside the caravan. At about 10PM A woman appears from nowhere telling us how everyone had been complaining about us (which we found out they hadn't) being too noisy and how apparently our voices were echoing throughout the whole caravan site? Over exaggeration or what? I can honestly say we weren't being noisy at all! There were 5 adults! Not rowdy teenagers! I couldn't believe the audacity of her and her approach to the "situation" was far from respectful! Once she had left we were all kind of in shock and started talking amongst ourselves again about what had just happened, she was standing outside listening to us the whole time which I felt was a total invasion of our privacy and came back a minute later and told us to turn the music off again just because we hadn't jumped to do it as soon as she had said the first time! Because of her approach to the situation we were sticking up for ourselves in saying that we had done nothing wrong and how the music wasn't loud at all (because it clearly wasn't), her comeback to this? "If you don't turn the music off now and don't keep your voices down We will have you towed off this site now!" I have never met a more rude person in all my life. Had she approached us in a friendly and nice way by not lying to us about complaints that never existed and not been totally rude then I wouldn't be writing such a bad review of Skerries. However, Someone clearly Needs to learn some manners if she wants people to return to the Caravan park! I would not recommend staying here to anyone until the management is sorted out and learns to treat customers with respect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
31  Thank Lauren_Smith94
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Having stayed at Skerries before I didn't anticipate having any issues.
Great location, great facilities, slick operation.
Biggest disappointment was the service I received from management during my stay.
Walking up to the site office I spotted a man refilling the gas cylinders in a branded uniform. I began to talk to the man about a problem I was having with my gas hob in the caravan. He was really helpful with his advice. The next bit floored me completely...
I was confronted by a female manager who began talking to me like a 6yr old.

"excuse me, if you have a problem- don't be asking my staff, they are very busy people. IF THERE'S A PROBLEM YOU ASK US!"

The tone and attitude was ridiculous. I was totally disgusted. It's a shame how an incident like that can totally change your experience. I can't believe than in a holiday complex like that -staff are NOT there to help. What bothers me more is- she didn't even know what I was talking to him about! Could even have been asking for directions or talking about the weather!

Needless to say- I won't be spoken to like that again. I'll never be back- 'Blairs' have got my business.

• Stayed: August 2012