“NW 200 Weekend”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Portrush
Leighton Buzzard, England, United Kingdom
“NW 200 Weekend”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

arrived friday night 17th May left Monday 20th.
Rode up on the bike, nice clean warm room
staff very welcoming/food great/ everyone really friendly, karioke sat night with Ravey Davey, fantastic criaic! I think we were the last to bed......got soaked on the saturday, Ian offered to put all our bike clothing in the boiler room, took 2 days for leathers to dry out....bar/restaurant/breakfast chef good fun, got belted by breakfast lady for not eating all my breakfast, (which was very good). I can thouroughly recommend this hotel and the Portrush people who are really friendly, it's a bit alien to us coming from just north of London. Out of 10??? I would give it a definate 9.....in the words of Schwarzenegger........I'll be back....

Room Tip: I can imagine if you want an early night on the weekend then choose rooms further up the hotel....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jez T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Banbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

thank you very much to everyone at the port hotel we had a great time stayed from tuesday till sunday breakfast and evening meals were great nothing was to much trouble for staff staff brill really helpful and kind food lovely rooms lovely and clean they give a really warm welcome on arrival entertainment at night was great crack even door staff and cleaners over all we would give them 10 out of 10 well be back geordie&irene mcknight jake&mandy mckinstry

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1 friends stayed in room 8 both lovely
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank irenemcknight
Mark J, Manager at The Port Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Port Hotel.
Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband, 2 children (aged 11yrs and 16yrs) and I had, yet again, another very enjoyable meal in The Port Hotel on Friday 17th May. We had steaks which were cooked to perfection, with all the sides etc. My 11 year old daughter had the roast beef dinner which she thoroughly enjoyed and the beef was so tender. The hotel has been recently redecorated/refurbished and has a really warm atmosphere. Staff are always pleasant, helpful and obliging. Will definitely be returning to The Port Hotel for tasty food at affordable prices !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margy5
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the last weekend of April and i have to say it was a great experience, very reasonable rates for the 2 of us. The staff where chatty and friendly, the 3 course meal for £12 was unbelievable value, i had the fish and my wife had the steak as the main course, we couldnt move after our meal, soo tasty. Rooms where very clean and spacious, the bar area was a step back in time with old whiskey barells etc... which was great for sitting with a drink with the fire alight. The breakfast was impressive also with the full selection of cereals with also a choice of the full Irish, we didnt leave hungry thats for sure.
the only negative point (if you could say it was negative) the central heating must have been on all night, the room was so warm it was nearly hard to sleep in.
all in all for the money the standard was exceptional.
would we stay again - Yes.

Room Tip: room 2 sounded like it had a generator outside it, which switched on and off all the time. If you ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
omagh
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just back from a weekend break in the port hotel with my partner and daughter. Where to begin? Took part in the charity quiz night on Friday when we arrived and even got our supper which may I add was delicious not only that but all 3 pond goes to the charity so technically it was free in this day and age the way things are I think that is very commendable.
On the Saturday we enjoyed a light lunch which was excellent value for money, the foot long hotdog didn't feel so light the portions were very generous for the price. We then returned on the Saturday evening for the 3 course meal which at 12 pounds is fantastic. The meal again was tremendous, couldn't of found fault if you tried. Also may I add the staff were fantastic with my daughter and us nothing was a bother to them, no matter what our request we received it with a smile. Their state of the art ordering system was fascinating how quick and efficient everything was. We received our drinks and the guy taking our order hadn't even left our table. ( very impressive) after our meal we enjoyed a few drinks in the bar while karaoke started with crazy Davy and may I say what a nights entertainment we all had he catered for everyone in the place first class. Overall we had a great experience at the port hotel and with their very reasonable rates me and my partner cannot wait to return. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Brilliant central location.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here many, many times over the years with the family from when I was a child, I'm now almost 30. The hotel is in a great location, has a lovely bar area, regular entertainment and lovely pub grub food at a good price.

The owners have made a big effort in recent years to modernise the hotel which is a considerable improvement as it had began to look tired and dated. The rooms are big, clean and comfortable with flat screen TVs and a nice bathroom.

Due to it being a very old building there is no lift and the narrow, steep stairs may be an inconvenience to elderly people or those with very young children. Hotel are happy to put you on the lowest possible floor if a request is made when booking and there is availability.

Overall I enjoy staying at this small, homely family run hotel which offers good value for money. It will continue to be my family and I's first choice for accommodation when we visit Portrush.

• Stayed April 2013
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have just enjoyed another excellent meal in The Port Hotel. Portrush has a few good eating places but for friendly service, comfortable atmosphere and good food, the Port Hotel is right up there with the best. Myself and my partner were shown to a table by the waiter and took our drinks order straight away which arrived almost instantly because of the fancy new computer ordering they have. After looking at the menu I opted for the prawn cocktail while my partner had the buffalo wings. Both were tasty and set us up for the main course. I had the lasagne with garlic fries while he had the sirloin steak with chips and pepper sauce. Both mains were delicious. My partner stated that his steak was "perfect"! After a little persuasion from our waiter ( well that's my excuse) we finished off with pavlova and chocolate fudge cake. So as well as an excellent meal, our waiter was very friendly and attentive. He made us feel like VIPs from we entered the dining room until we left. I will definitely be back to eat here. Thank you for a superb evening

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark J, Manager at The Port Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed your visit to The Port Hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portrush
Portrush Atlantic Hotel
#1 of 4 in Portstewart
Lodge Hotel
Lodge Hotel
#1 of 5 in Coleraine

Been to The Port Hotel? Share your experiences!