“Good food but no comfort”

Coast Bistro Italian Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 64 Restaurants in Portrush
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Northern Ireland
“Good food but no comfort”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We went on Friday night with our 10 month old baby. As usual the food was good but slow we ordered at 5.22 pm and I enquired the food at 5.50 it finally arrived at 5.57 pm. Everyone who ordered after us had bn served before us which is why I had to enquire after ours. Anyone travelling with a young baby knows there is an elastic limit when it comes to being in a high chair and after 45 minutes he was reaching his and our food had only arrived! The restaurant is cramped (getting in and out of my table to order was practically impossible, i would not have liked to have been of larger build)and the seats and tables don't match in height which makes eating a little uncomfortable. the lasagne whilst tasty was literally just that lasagne... it could have done with a garnish.
The summarise I would say the food is v good and consistent in quality, the service is fine, and the surroundings adequate. It's where you go for a quick meal, it's not a hang around and lounge kind of place.

Dromore, Co. Down
“Good food at good prices!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

When we arrived we were told there was an hour's waiting time for a table, so we took our number and sat by the bar studying the menu. 20 minutes later we were shown to a table and were ready to order! The food was delivered within a very acceptable timescale and was faultless and plentiful. I'd never even heard of Bang Bang Chicken Burger before...but I'll be ordering that again! The service was just as I like it - checking everything was okay without being in your face, no pressure to move on to free up the table and happy-to-help staff. Probably the best recommendation a restaurant can get is customers queuing to get in - if you want to eat in Coast then you're going to have to join the queue!

• Visited August 2012
Portrush, United Kingdom
“It's a good job it's 'relatively' cheap as there is not much else to smile about.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We had a very very long wait for a very cramped table. The food was very average. Service is non existent. Just as well it was 'relatively cheap', but I doubt I'll be back.

Hong Kong, China
“Excellent family restaurant.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Situated beside POrtrush harbour this restaurant is one of the best in Portrush, in my opinion! The ambience, the location, the outstanding food and value for money are the best I have experienced anywhere on the north coast. We had several dishes all of which were excellent, we had sides, again excellent, and the price, I thought they had made a mistake in the bill as I would have expected to pay 50-60% more than I did. Would I go back, without a doubt, did I go back, yes, would I recommend it, 100%, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Paddy C
dallastotheuk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Views of the Sea!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were told when we checked in to our B&B that this is a "must do"! We waited until the end of our trip to stop in, and should have gone sooner. Good food, great views and good staff. Weird ordering process, but all worked out.

1 Thank dallastotheuk