“Fantastic food and service”
Review of The Glens Hotel

The Glens Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cushendall
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had our wedding in the Glens Hotel a few months back and the food and service was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff in what we wanted for the wedding.

The whole day and night was a great success. Our guests had a fantastic time and the atmosphere in the glens is a wonderful setting for a wedding. The function room was a perfect size for our number of guests and anyone who wanted a bit more peace and quiet could sit out in the bar area though were still close enough to the function room. I've been to a few weddings in the Glens including my own and I always feel that the atmosphere in this hotel is cosy and friendly which I think can sometimes be lost in larger elaborate rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I will be forever grateful to the wonderful staff at the Glens Hotel. Our car broke down yesterday afternoon and we managed to make our way to the hotel where my husband was given a lift to get the local mechanic. Unfortunately the car could not be fixed on the spot so we called our insurance company who then countless times throughout the day let us down and failed to arrange transportation for our family. The hotel staff looked after us so well, let us use the phone and allowed my two small kids (both under 3) to play in reception and even supplied them with ice-cream. When babies bed time had come and gone we decided to book in. We were taken to a fantastic family room, 2 rooms in one. Breakfast could not have been nicer this morning and again our ordeal of being let down by the insurance company was made into a positive by the wonderful staff who could not do enough for us.
you, thank you, thank you

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I really do not see how people complain about the glens .'second stay this year ,first in snow storm and back last weekend. The staff are excellent ,room was warm, clean and everything we needed. OK,no double glazing. I don't have this at. home..breakfast as good as any hotel we have stayed in sets you up for the day, be back in march I hope

Room Tip: go for room 9
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We received a lovely warm welcome and great customer service even though we were not guests at the Hotel. We called into the hotel for a breakfast and and the 4 of us were not expecting much as the price for a full Irish breakfast including Tea, Coffee and toast was a amazing £5.99. How wrong could we be..the breakfast was delicious, and the staff could not do enough for us. One member of our party is particularly picky and quite fussy and she really enjoyed the breakfast as well. Jackie took great care of us and Lily our waitress bent over backwards to cater to our fussy friends beverage requests. We will be definitely coming back to the Hotel next time we visit beautiful Northern Ireland.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Myself and my partner attended a wedding reception at your Hotel on Thursday last (our second in a year at your hotel) .But unlike the previous occasion, I had forgotten to inform you of my food intolerance.
An hour before the meal was to be served, I approached the lady at reception, who brought the chef along with her less than a minute later. (I will apologise that I can't remember the chefs name, he was about 5'7'' with dark hair), but he took me through the menu, informing me on what I could and couldn't eat and what he would prepare to ensure that I received a full meal along with the rest of the guests. Not only that, but he tracked me down in the bar some 10 minutes later, to ask if fruit salad would be OK for the suite.
I am well used to being restricted in restaurants as to what I am able to eat and ''the chef not being able to accommodate my request'', so this service was an unexpected, yet most pleasant surprise.
I would, therefore, like to pass on my gratitute and thanks , to all of your staff involved, but moreover to your chef for his outstanding customer service.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight in the hotel went to a wedding great wedding lovely meal and excellent table service very friendly receptionist when checking in and assisting at breakfast.The room was small but was all that was needed could have done with some heat on in the room.All and all nice hotel great venue for a wedding and very pleasant staff throughout.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank michelle m
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel twice now and find the staff very friendly and helpful. We love the area, my daughter loves all the local attractions, and this hotel is in a good location for them. We stayed in the family room this time around, clean and comfortable, lovely night sleep, comfy beds. The food is great, good menu, good size portions and tastes fantastic. We did not have drinks in the bar time around but had coffee in the lobby, it has good character, nice atmosphere.
we will be back again in the spring.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cushendall
Marine Hotel Ballycastle
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to The Glens Hotel? Share your experiences!