“Average is being generous.”

Corr's Corner Bar & Grill
Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in Newtownabbey
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went here on Christmas Eve afternoon with friends and family for a few drinks and food. First impressions whilst stood at the bar waiting for a drink were disappointing, nobody seemed interested in serving me yet it was not busy. The menu was quite extensive, we chose the mixed platter, when it arrived we thought it was the sharing platter for 2 but when the bill arrived it was supposed to serve 4. Fair enough, it was a starter but would not have wanted to share with 3 others. Rest of groups meals were average at best. The burgers are frozen, surely in this day and age in a 3 star restaurant, a freshly made burger is not too much to expect. The bar is fine and would be ok to go for a drink, but the gents stink. Poor is maybe a bit harsh but its only just average. Won't rush back.

1  Thank Keith L
Bridgene, Manager at Corr's Corner Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent experience in the grillbar.
I am surprised to hear that you felt the portion size was inadequate, usually customer comments are that we provide generous portions, however we will take this on board.

As regards to your comment on our burgers, I can 100% guarantee that all our meat products, including burgers come in fresh from our local butchers 6 days a week. We have never and will never use processed or frozen meat products.

I would like to thank you again for your comments and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Won't be back near the place food poor service poor especially one waiter who told us we couldn't have what we wanted because the waiter was to busy!! How funny is that!! A very poor place!!!!!!!

4  Thank paul m

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am disappointed to hear how you were treated and can assure you this is not the usual standard of service at Corr's Corner Hotel.

All our staff are highly trained, with the majority trained to NVQ Level 2 & 3 in hospitality, however I want to assure you that this issue will be raised and dealt with to prevent anything like this happening again in the future.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope this does not put you off using the hotel again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

went for lunch and sat in the bar checked out the menu and i choose a chicken and bacon dish and my wife chose chicken fillet open sandwich , when they arrived they were both the same dish only one of them had bread and the other didnt , the chicken was dry and had some horrible dark bits in it , ruined a nice lunchtime out wont be going back anytime soon

1  Thank Trevor D
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We had an early dinner here. The menu is varied and reasonably priced.
I wanted to order the soup but it wasn't available as it was after 3 o clock?? So, I had to settle for the chicken sub. There was plenty of chicken which was nice but the sub roll was small and soggy.
We ordered an extra portion of chips but never received them, though we were charged for them. We were refunded the money.
I would eat here again as it was good food.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff are nice but the meals are mediocre. A strong feeling of frozen meals - really nothing special I'm afraid.

I'm happy to pay for quality but it really isn't I'm afraid. We are on the look for another pub / restaurant in the area..