“needs alot of work”
Review of Belfast Zoo

Belfast Zoo
More attraction details
Owner description: Belfast Zoo is located in north Belfast. The zoo's 55 acre site is home to more than 1,000 animals and 150 species. The majority of our animals are in danger in their natural habitat. The zoo also carries out important conservation work and takes part in European and international breeding programmes which help to ensure the survival of many species under threat. Belfast Zoo is one of the top fee-paying visitor attraction in Northern Ireland, receiving more than 300,000 visitors a year.
Craigavon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“needs alot of work”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

very disappointed in the zoo most of the animals were not in their cages or fields very expensive day out but not alot to see at it

Visited June 2012

• Czech first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Mountain climbing (well felt like it)”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Went with my sis and 3 year old niece we had a blast worth the hike trust me, feeding times are great pay very close attention to when there are and try and get there about 10mins before hand if possible to avoid missing out on the spectacular shows :) we had a truly amazing day great weather and we took our own picnic so was very cheap and cheerful will be back for sure :) x

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“GOOD DAY OUT”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

A day out, if nothing to do and you have to have that yearly visit to keep the kids happy then its off to the Zoo. I just find it average, nothing stands out in this Zoo and having visited other Zoos I find Belfast Zoo (OK).

Visited May 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“zooper”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

like to visit the zoo at least once a year I know it's not the best zoo in the world the hill walk is a bit much for older people talking their grandkids but worth it, a most enjoyable day. was great to be there at feeding time for the seals , and plenty of staff about for question and answer's around the bigger animals . the only one I wasn't happy was the eagles really didnt have enough flight room . other than that a great day and the kids always enjoy it .

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cruelty to animals!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I took my niece recently and was disgusted by the condition/size of the enclosures. There was rubbish in many enclosures, the entire placed smelled of urine, a lot of the animals were pacing and had no activities ...they all looked so sad and depressed. I was quite shocked by the bears who were pacing , it was not fun or entertaining to watch these animals. I think the entire zoo needs a lot of investment or closed. I went 20 years ago and nothing had changed since then.

Facilities for humans not great either. I would take the kids to ark open farm instead...much better.

Visited September 2012