“Very friendly staff.”

The Khayber
Ranked #11 of 99 Restaurants in Newtownabbey
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very friendly staff.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Shown to my table as soon as i arrived, drinks poured & menu given to me, order taken, food arrived & was absolutely beautiful, I'm not a lover of chinese food, but decided to try something different to what i would normally get, which would be chicken curry with boiled rice.tried the noodles & a few other dishes, must say i suprised myself. had a great evening with my friends, atmosphere & ambience lovely & got new tastes, so don't have to stick to the one dish.

Visited January 2013

Opende
“definitely would go again, given the opportunity”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Last Friday i stayed at a local guesthouse and every time I'm in the UK i go out for a nice indian food experience.
The Khayber did not let me down, allthough i was on my own, i got a nice table in the rooom and not tucked away in a quiet corner.
I had poppadums with, specially ordered, lime pickles to start with, i emtied the whole jar just because it was so tasty. Main course was chicken tikka jalfrezi accompanied with a tasty side dish of potatoes and cauliflower (can't remember the name) recommended by the waiter.
All in all i was very pleased with the food and the whole experience. Unfortunately they are a 1000 miles from where i live, otherwise this would become a regular place for me to go to.

• Visited October 2013
Northern Ireland
“Never a bad meal”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We dined here again last night for a family birthday. Great food and fantastic service - my favourite Indian restaurant.

Visited August 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“unlikely to return”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The only good thing about our night here was the company we were in. Tables were booked in advance + confirmed the day of party, when we arrived they were not ready. Took a while before we got menus + very hard to read them in the dark. When meals were delivered some side orders were short, we were still charged for them. First plate of naan bread was extremely burnt + a bit greasy, so was the second lot, + the third lot. The main meals were very bland, I had chicken tikka masala + it was very sweet, no actual flavour just sweet, a big disappointment.
Also I felt rushed as they kept coming over + lifting plates before we had finished .
This used to be a good restaurant, prices have gone up but service, cleanliness + food have gone down.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank viki.th
Ballyclare
“consistent quality”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have eaten here 100's of times, maybe into four figures and am never disappointed.
The complimentary pompadoms and dips just get you in the mood.
The starters are yummy, Garlic Mushroom Puri - Mixed Kebab, all excellent.
The staff are superb, Mouray, G and Nicar all gentlemen and very anxious to please.
The main courses are varied and delicious, Vegetable Side dishes are not to be missed.
Mixed Jalfrezi or Lamb Bhuna. The variety of nan bread and the range of drinks to wash
it all down bring you back here again and again. I do miss Dev and Abdul was a gent
but apart from that you must eat here.

• Visited July 2013