“consistent quality”

The Khayber
Ranked #10 of 100 Restaurants in Newtownabbey
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ballyclare
“consistent quality”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have eaten here 100's of times, maybe into four figures and am never disappointed.
The complimentary pompadoms and dips just get you in the mood.
The starters are yummy, Garlic Mushroom Puri - Mixed Kebab, all excellent.
The staff are superb, Mouray, G and Nicar all gentlemen and very anxious to please.
The main courses are varied and delicious, Vegetable Side dishes are not to be missed.
Mixed Jalfrezi or Lamb Bhuna. The variety of nan bread and the range of drinks to wash
it all down bring you back here again and again. I do miss Dev and Abdul was a gent
but apart from that you must eat here.

• Visited July 2013

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Two visits in one week”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

For a birthday treat for me we went on the 11th March 2013. The food was very good plenty of flavour, plenty of substance to the dish. We had two mains, two sides, wine and liquors. Whilst not cheap it was worth it.

Anything we could not eat was packed to take home because we did have a lot left over as we wanted to try a few different dishes.

One member of staff was very attentive and a gentleman, unfortunately I do not know his name as they do not wear name badges, which is unfortunate because he does indeed deserve praise.

Friday we went for lunch it was completely different. The food did not seem to be up to the same quality, obviously portion sizes are smaller which is to be expected.

As I during the course felt unwell, not from their food by the way, I asked could I take home most of my food. This was not allowed the waiter told me.

What surprises me the same waiters served me and knew I had been there on Monday and spent a lot of money and I had returned again, repeat business.

I object to my left overs being scrapped in the bin rather than giving them to me...
The Indian Ocean and Kinara both do not have any problem with that neither do restaurants like Pizza Express, Pizza Hut to name a few.

For this reason I will not be returning.

I have been a loyal patron of the restaurant since it opened but I am sorry wastage of food , which has been paid for is very upsetting to me.

Everyone has their own opinion just voicing mine.

• Visited March 2013
co.antrim, n.ireland
“Lovely curry served up by a very friendly staff member”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely curry with my husband and we were served by a very pleasant young girl called Orla who had a big smile, made our evening !! We will be back , keep up the good work

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Always had a good experience.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have visted this Restaurant on several occasions now. It is my favourite Indian Restaurant of any that I have been too. The tandoori Mix starter is Delicious. The Chicken Tikka Masala is the best I have tried anywhere. I don't get to eat out as often as I'd like or I'd go here a lot more often. As it is I only really get the chance to go maybe once every couple of months.

I have never had to wait any longre than 10 mins for a table. The staff are always pleasant. The restaurant is always clean. Complimentary Poppadums while you wait for your order with Tasty Mango Chutney. Reasonably Priced and there are car parking spaces right on the doorstep.

They also offer a Takeaway service for anybody wanting a tasty meal at home while watching a movie. You can call them and place your order and then go and collect it so you don't have to wait around.

• Visited November 2012
belfast
“Always consistent”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been going to khayber since it opened. It is always good both service and food. The owner is always welcoming and you feel relaxed and comfortable. Always look forward to visiting.

• Visited February 2013