“Lovely curry served up by a very friendly staff member” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Khayber
Ranked #12 of 97 Restaurants in Newtownabbey
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
co.antrim, n.ireland
“Lovely curry served up by a very friendly staff member”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely curry with my husband and we were served by a very pleasant young girl called Orla who had a big smile, made our evening !! We will be back , keep up the good work

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Always had a good experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have visted this Restaurant on several occasions now. It is my favourite Indian Restaurant of any that I have been too. The tandoori Mix starter is Delicious. The Chicken Tikka Masala is the best I have tried anywhere. I don't get to eat out as often as I'd like or I'd go here a lot more often. As it is I only really get the chance to go maybe once every couple of months.

I have never had to wait any longre than 10 mins for a table. The staff are always pleasant. The restaurant is always clean. Complimentary Poppadums while you wait for your order with Tasty Mango Chutney. Reasonably Priced and there are car parking spaces right on the doorstep.

They also offer a Takeaway service for anybody wanting a tasty meal at home while watching a movie. You can call them and place your order and then go and collect it so you don't have to wait around.

• Visited November 2012
belfast
“Always consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been going to khayber since it opened. It is always good both service and food. The owner is always welcoming and you feel relaxed and comfortable. Always look forward to visiting.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank gretchenBelfast
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I joined my boyfriend and his family for a meal here for his birthday last week. Not being a fan of Indian food i was apprehensive but i needn't have been, the food was lovely!

We were greeted and seated on arrival and ordered drinks which were brought to us quite quickly. We shared a mixture of starters and ordered a variety of mains of varying heats and a selection of
side dishes.

The food did not disappoint, i had chicken tikka which was flavoursome and tender and not at all oily or greasy which is my experience of most Indian dishes. It was served on a sizzling hot plate with onions and came with rice and a portion of vegetable curry which was very tasty.

At my request, my boyfriend and I have already made plans to go back - and coming from someone who is not a fan of Indan food that is a compliment and a half!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank amandamc31
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lunch time with friends”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This used to be one of my favourite, actually my favourite Indian restaurant. I found the food to be very poor. The portion sizes have been reduced so much and the staff, well seems like they want you out asap. Also hygiene the staff uniforms are very grubby and need a good wash. Would not recommend this restaurant now, which is so sad. They used to be so good and the quality of their food has fallen away too way to far.

Visited December 2012