I used to love this restaurant and ate there several times a year - it was also my favourite takeaway, and although the Indian Ocean opened just metres away, I always still preferred the Khayber. But in the last 8 months, I've been there twice for a takeaway and both times the food has been terrible. I don't know what's changed but I had a takeaway from there about 6 months ago and spent the entire night vomiting, most likely food poisoning but I couldn't be sure so after I had got over my 'fear' I went back for another takeaway about 3 months later. I ordered Chicken Tikka Masala with chips and rice. Both my partner and I got it home to find that they had given us Chicken Korma with a bit of red food colouring thrown in it to make us think that it was a Tikka. It was a vile pinky/orange colour with no veg in it - I order the Korma from there all the time so I know exactly what they'd given me. Also, the chips had been refried I don't know how many times because they were tough and had a putrid flavour. I know this because I've worked in the fast food industry for years. We ended up forcing it down anyway as we were both starving and too exhausted to go back, complain and wait for a new batch. Big mistake. Both myself and my partner instantly felt unwell and although we didn't vomit, we both had terrible headaches for the rest of the night and next day. We definitely will NOT be back. What a shame.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.