“great service and loved the craic !”

Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
wirral
“great service and loved the craic !”
Reviewed August 8, 2007

This was our second family break there. Like the first, nothing to grumble about. Lovely personal feel to our reception. Allowed to check in by 9.00 am and to check out at our leisure.
Excellent breakfasts and dinner.
Incredibly large family rooms, with two good ?? Queen sized beds and two double sofa beds. Nice touch of complimentary wine and nibbles in room.
Everything worked, unlike other individual's reviews. Very clean and safe swimming pool and leisure centre etc.
All the other guests appeared as contented as ourselves.
Nice touch of having numerous games and electronic games, to borrow for kids to play with.
Great value for money and very much our intended stay for future visits.

• Liked — superb family rooms
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank billWirral

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
glasgow
Reviewed May 14, 2007

Stayed here last weekend and couldn't fault anything about the place.
The staff were delightful, food super.First night was included with our deal,but was so delicious, ate there the following night too.Breakfast was the usual Hilton fare,well cooked and plentiful, catering for everyone.
Beautiful setting, handy for the bus into Belfast city centre which must be one of the most inspiring cities I have visited.
We will definitely be back.

• Liked — large room and pleasant staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macGlasgow
Co Antrim
Reviewed April 1, 2007

Stayed here last Saturday night for a birthday celebration. Really disappointed. Hotel outdated and lacking any atmosphere. Cold tap in bathroom not working, vending machines broken on each floor and food in Treffners Restaurant was the worst meal I have ever had. My fiance ordered a steak which was inedible and had to be returned to the kitchen. On a positive note the reception staff were helpful and thankfully we were only staying one night. I am not a complainer by nature but I resent paying inflated four star prices for a one star service. Really unacceptable

• Liked — Room was comfortable
  • Disliked — Terrible Food and Atmosphere
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Janibean
scotland
Reviewed March 29, 2007

The hotel is a short 15 minute drive from the airport and in a lovely
surrounding.

Sadly the hotel doesn't quite match the countryside it sits in. The staff were polite and friendly, but the building has an air of shabbiness about it.

It seems like the majority of it's custom is business conferences.

We were put in a "newly renovated" room, which was certainly done to a good standard, but internet is only available in some rooms and not
ours (an odd choice to make if they really had just renovated).

However the real crunch was that at 7am we discovered our room was 2 floors above the hotel gym, and we could clearly hear loud, thumping dancing music. We called reception and 10 minutes later it went from clearly audible to only just audible.

Then about 9.30am it started up again. Loud and thumping.

The bar-food service stops about 9.30pm, although room service is available. We ordered breaskfast in bed which wasn't cheap (15 uk pounds per person), but it was pretty great - hot, plenty of food and
well served. Shame about the background music.

The hotel is fine as a stop-over if you want something close (by car) to the airport and just need a bed for the night, but watch out for rooms near their gym!

• Liked — Nice pool
  • Disliked — Loud music from the gym waking us up at 7.30am
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mintmint
Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 15, 2007

Rooms are fairly good but as I was booked as a business delegate I was surprised there was no internet access in my room and even more surprised to find that a Hilton hotel charged for wi-fi access (which was only available in the main lobby).

Food mediocre to okay.

Wouldn't recommend.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — No internet access in rooms
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
uk
Reviewed January 23, 2007

A really disappointing stay. The service in the restaurant and bar was the worst I have experienced in a Hilton Hotel. A lot of the staff are very young and poorly trained. The food was of a very good standard as is the swimming / health facilities. All the public areas are looking tired and need new furniture. The rooms are OK, some have been refurbished and are quite nice. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank docajenk
Bangor
Reviewed November 12, 2006

Always on the lookout for a bargain, I'd been wondering about the Hilton's breaks which seem to be advertised in the papers every weekend. So when booking for our annual 'leave the kids' trip I thought £159 for 2 nights b+b and 1 dinner must be all right.

Pleased to report it was better than that.

We had:
an excellent room, very clean and a good size; Very comfortable(large) bed with the best hotel pillows I've ever slept on (and I'm very fussy with my pillows); a really powerful shower which (and you don't always find this) was dead easy to control and no shortage of hot water; good (and free to use) leisure facilities with a pool you can actually swim in before reaching the far end; ice bucket and access to an ice machine which allowed us to enjoy a couple of bottles of sparkly stuff in the room; fabulous and varied buffet breakfasts that were as good as any I have had (including meaty sausages and haggis, no less); free newspapers to browse (and to take home on the Sunday);and staff who smiled and said "good morning" even before we did.

At this price, our expectations weren't that high for the dinner (which must be taken on the first night). However, the food (in the main restaurant) was very good, if not quite reaching great.

The menu was table d'hote with four of each course available. I asked about ordering off the a la carte and paying whatever the difference might be but that wasn't possible (a pity). The starters were OK but both the terrine and caesar's salad were crying out for bread and none was supplied until I asked. When I did ask, we got a lovely plate of breads with three dipping oils - I just felt I shouldn't have had to ask. The mains (e.g. my duo of sea bass and snapper) were very tasty but the potatoes and veg were bland and only just warm. Desserts were pretty good too (mango/chocolate mousse and an individual crumble with ice cream) and coffees were served with some lovely fudge cubes and after dinner mints.

Service was bordering on slow at the start, but didn't spoil our enjoyment. (Tip to one waiter - please don't spend so long talking to diners at one table with your back to diners at the next table!)

Our meal was shown on the evening's bill as a two-course meal so we either got off paying for desserts and coffee, or it really was all included. There was no way of knowing from the menu and we didn't ask. We were, of course, caught out in paying £17.95 for a very ordinary pinot grigio - I know it's a hotel but why must they all rip us off when it comes to vino? In hindsight, we should have ordered by the glass.

We got great food on the second night in the brasserie/grill. (We ate there because the restaurant was fully booked until 8.30pm and I had a discount card which got one main course free - did I say I liked a bargain?) Excellent (huge portion) of cod, chips and mushy peas for me and a box with some oriental stuff for the bride - also given a big 'thumbs up' by her. Tasted all the better for costing £11 (would have been £20). Beers this time, usual hotel bar prices for that too.

Summing up, no complaints and much to enjoy. I've seen 'deals' that are much dearer that wouldn't offer you nearly as good a stay and we'd thoroughly recommend this hotel for a get-away break. Next time we'll go when the weather's more conducive to golf, as the golf course also looked nice, even in the wind and rain.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — slightly too warm on first night
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bangorbuff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Hilton Belfast
Hilton Belfast
#23 of 43 in Belfast
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,759 reviews

Been to Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!