“Excellent mini-break for my Birthday”

Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This hotel was just what the Doctor ordered, I had varicose veins removed a few weeks ago and the way we were treated in the Hotel made me feel very special. The staff were so friendly and just couldn't have made our stay any better!! It was my birthday and when staff heard this gave us a complimentary glass of bubbly each and piped Happy Birthday on my dessert plate.....lovely little touch. Definitely recommend this hotel, well done to all the staff!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to make your birthday celebrations and recovery more special.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very disappointing visit with friends on the weekend of 29th March 2014. We had booked our husbands Golfing Groupon Vouchers as Christmas gifts & decided we would tag along for an overnight stay but when they arrived at the course found that although we had paid for the use of a buggy they couldn't use it and it wasn't refundable nor transferable :( The service in the upstairs bar Kinneghans wasn't great either the staff took ages to get us a bottle of Processo which wasn't cheap it was £33 a bottle and even though we were the only 4 residents in the bar were very reluctant to turn the tv over to the Ulster Rugby match.
The experience only got worse when we went to the restaurant for dinner our waitess took our drinks order of 2 expensive bottles of wine and a jug of water off she disappeared & another waitress took the order for our meals and were still waiting for our drinks even thought we had been served our starters and finished when they eventually arrived!! The restaurant wasn't completely full so we couldn't understand the delay especially as we could see the wine sitting on a side able waiting to be brought to us.
We didn't complain as surprisingly there was no manager available at the time. Anyway we completed the online customer satisfaction survey to be contacted by a member of staff who told us they would look into it and that was all. A complimentary drink or nothing was offered .... have been here numerous times over the past 15 year but definitely will not be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.

We ran a very successful offer thorugh our Golf Club and Groupon and it does state clearly that buggys are available, weather permitting. We must protect the course and so trolleys are offered as an alternative on those occasions when it is too wet to allow heavy buggys onto the course. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment.

Also, I do hope that because you have visited the hotel lots over the past 15 years, you will know that the delays in food service experienced on this occasion are not a usual occurrence at Hilton Templepatrick and that you will allow us a future opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I and our 2 kids stayed here over Easter. We had inter-connecting rooms so we had plenty of space but we were disappointed at the lack of add-ons - mininmal toiletries - had to remember to bring shampoo back from pool so we would have enough for morning shower - no biscuits with coffee tray, no bottled water, no newpapers available at reception and having to pay extra for wi-fi is not on especially at the prices they charge. I couldn't BELIEVE when I was charged £9.60 for a glass of wine at the bar! Ridiculous and it was the only one I had believe me. We went for a buffet that evening which was sold to us as 16.95 each and kids (under 5) eat free. We somehow managed to have to pay for kids cordial and coffees at £3 each....and the 16.95 turned up as 20.95 each....
Breakfast was ok. I stuck to fruit and cereal - sausages, rashers,eggs, mushrooms etc were all literally swimming in oil. We had to ask for bowls and juice glasses both mornings and coffee was terrible.
Also, we went to use the pool one morning to find an aqua aerobics class going on so were coralled in to a tiny strip at the bottom so no room for a swim. Fair enough, have an aerobics class but let guests know so they can arrange to go when it's over.
Overall, wouldn't stay again. Felt they out to just make money off you at all costs and service was overall indifferent in my mind.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mousey12

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at Hilton Templepatrick for your Easter break.

Our interconnecting bedrooms are ideal for families, so I am pleased that you all enjoyed the space available.

With regard to WIFI charges, Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level. I can assure you that your comment has been passed to the relevant team within the organisation.

I do hope that your impression will not be adversley affected and that you will all return to Hilton Templepatrick very soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Luckily we stayed here for just 1 night everything was very pleasant, nice staff good service in the restaurant decent food. But the bed we slept in was really very very bad. Since we had to get up really early in the morning we couldn't be bothered with switching rooms but it is smart to CHECK your bed before you spent the night.

Room Tip: Do not sleep in 159

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I will certianly investigate your comments regarding the bed in room 159.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The room was dated and the bed squeaked with every movement. We were placed in a room fitted out with equipment to suit a person with disabilities. Neither myself or my other half have disabilities. Lighting in room was terrible and we were told that the only other room available was a smoking room which we didn't want. I don't think they care whether you are happy in your room- a "like it or lump it" attitude I felt! However, bar and restaurant staff are to be commended on great customer service leading to a friendly relaxed atmosphere and the spa facilities were great. On checking out, (having paid for the room in advance) the staff tried to charge me again. At a much lower price than I had originally paid! Needs a facelift, did not feel like luxury!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Makeuplover83

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleasd that you enjoyed our dining and Spa facilities at Hilton Templepatrick and I will relay your kind words to our team, in respect of their service.

It was disappointing that this service was not felt throughout your stay and in particular, with regard to the allocation of your room. Please be asssured that this is not the standard of service we aim to provide and I will appropriately address this matter with our team.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We just checked-out yesterday and im so eager to write this review.
Our original booking was 2 nights only and due to unavoidable circumstances, we extended our stay for another 2 days, and i have no regret at all! this place is my heaven on earth. they have everything i needed from the moment i opened my eyes in the morning and til bedtime. room is spacious and golf course view is very relaxing.
reception ladies were so helpful especially Leanne who assited me with my ticket.
My special thanks to Mr. Christopher Wray, a very accomodating and approachable gentleman of the hotel bar and restaurant. also all the staff in fitness room/steam/sauna and pool, they were all friendly.
the only thing i would like to suggest is to improve the housekeeping. starting from changing/washing of drinking glasses, upto scheduled time of cleaning rooms. had to chase them everyday until like 4:30 in the afternoon to clean the room and change towels. short staff perhaps but apart from that, i would recommend this place if you would like to have a relaxing break. in fact i will be booking my next stay which will be this coming 17th of May. See you all soon!

OFELIA
room 315

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you very much for your review.

It sounds as though your whole experience was excellent from start to finish and I will pass on your kind words to Christopher and Leanne.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in May.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

How can I begin to describe the poor quality of the bed. When you sit down on it, you hear a bunch a creaky springs. If the mattress was less than 20 years old, I would be shocked. I can not even imagine that a mattress can get to that condition. I suppose if you brought in a herd of elephants to trample the beds, then it may break the springs to the extent these were. If you were to stand on the bed, you foot would immediately sink to the wood support. This bed would not be good enough to donate to a local prison. Hilton needs to do a better job of regulating the quality of their establishments,as this hotel gives them a bad name.

If you read the other terrible reviews, you will also get a sense of the outdated nature of the rooms. However, I can excuse this, but there is no excuse for not having a reasonable mattress.

3  Thank Steve B

Thank you for your review.

I do apologise if your found the bed in your room to be uncomfortable. I will investigate this matter with my team and rectify immediately.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#21 of 44 in Belfast
Crowne Plaza Belfast
Crowne Plaza Belfast
#13 of 44 in Belfast

Been to Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!