“Much better than expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club

Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
Ireland
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed a single night here on business in October 2013, and was very apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor.

However, all I can say is that I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious and had everything you would expect in a decent hotel. However it was the dining room that really excelled. I invited my customer down to dinner and all I can say is that the food was superb. We all ate 3 courses, and all had different dishes, and not a bad dish between them.

My only gripe was the speed of the wifi internet connection is poor. I am not sure why hotels don't realize that this is just not acceptable to a business traveler in 2013.

But I wouldn't let this dissuade you from this hotel. It is excellent value, and I would have loved to visit the golf course that I was able to admire from the breakfast table. Add to that a good pool, a large and well equipped gym and it pretty much ticks all the boxes to me.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Templepatrick, Manager at Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that we ticked all boxes for you on this occasion and that you particularly enjoyed your dining experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again, very soon - when hopefully you will enjoy some leisure time.

Warm regards

Paula Collins
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Dungannon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here for our 25th Wedding anniversary and had a lovely relaxing weekend. Lovely setting, enjoyed breakfast overlooking the golf course. Use of pool and gym was complimentary. Everything as you would expect from a Hilton Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel was nice, we started with a quite pushy reception staff member as we checked in, the customer is supposed to be always right remember.
The pool and spa are lovely. Bed was very squeaky and a little hard. We told reception this on check out and they said maintenance would have a look at it

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife purchased an overnight stay as a surprise for my birthday (26/10/13) so when we set off, I was looking forward to some nice food and a relaxing stay. On arriving, we were pleasantly surprised with our spacious , modern room although it was very cold. After a couple of drinks we went to dinner in the restaurant, what a mistake. The three course meal we had was tasteless and NOT what you would expect for £79.00, which did not include any drinks. The staff under took the basics of their job but looked as though they did not want to be there and were just going through the motions. Things did not improve the following day, breakfast was disappointing and again tasteless. As we had a late check-out , I went to reception to inquire about availability of Sunday newspapers and was informed there were none available as they do not take deliveries on a Sunday. On finishing my small coffee from the bar, at almost £4, my wife and I decided to call it quits and head for home. Won't be making a return journey any time soon. May I just add, my wife and I enjoy several short breaks through-out the year in various hotels and we would not classify ourselves as fussy people or indeed people who generally complain a lot

Room Tip: For a pleasant break choose one at a different Hotel
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dublin Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were all excited about going to the 'Hilton' while in Belfast to see the Titanic.
As soon as we walked through the door of the hotel, the friendly receptionist, Sharon greeted us. This was a great start to our ' Hilton' expierence. We checked in and went up to our room. On the way we noticed that they were still doing housekeeping, so we passed by many breakfast trays in the corridor. It was 4pm in the afternoon, but it must have been a busy previous evening.
The room itself was quite nice, but my other half found residue on the sink in our ensuite. She called one of the housekeepers, whom immediately cleaned and apologised for the scum, saying it must have been from false tan, which had not cleaned off.

Anyway, we went out for a couple of hours shopping. On our return, we were again greeted by the smiling Sharon, but were a little disturbed by the trays still along the corridors, even though the housekeeping trollies were long gone.
We changed and went down for dinner. We told Sharon about the trays, and went in for our dinner to try out the bar food menu.
They had a reasonable selection, but we decided to go for the Turkey and Ham. I had a starter of soup, which was not very hot. The turkey dinner was adequate but not what we would have expected from a Hilton Hotel. We didn't bother with desert and went back up to our room.

The trays had now been removed (organised by our courteous Sharon) We had a good nights sleep but did fill out our comment card along the lines of this review. We dropped the comment card into the recepton on our way after breakfast (Which was good) and the other receptionist went through the card with my other half, while I took a very important phone call.
We had expressed our disappointment at a Hilton resort, but we will give them another try this coming week, when we will be back in the area.

Belfast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

good hotel setting and the staff were nice, food was lovely though the 3 course meal was served far too closly together, barely had time to swallow the starter before main was put on the table. Breakfast was perfect amazing varity put on. promised things that never happened and was noisy during the night.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Killinchy, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

On a Sunday afternoon we went to take in a match in the bar and decided to eat there as well. The salted chilli squid was tasty but not overly hot when served. The seafood chowder was delicious but the bread served with it was so salty I couldn't eat it. It was baked on premises and it did not appear to be risen properly but certainly was very salty. Man courses were chicken curry and chicken carbonara which were fine but nothing spectacular. The tables had not been cleared for a while either. This would all be ok in a bar environment if the prices were not 'Hilton' level at £7 & £8 for starters and £13 & £14 for mains, which is high for around these parts. A lady I spoke to was charged over £3 for a cappuccino - while I know you pay for service and the Hilton name, it seems a bit over the top. We have had good meals in the restaurants there and would return to them again certainly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SortedbyGwen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Ballygally Castle
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,233 reviews

Been to Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!