“HOTEL GREAT--Need New Staff”

Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
NYC, United States
“HOTEL GREAT--Need New Staff”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel facilities are top class, rooms very clean and quiet--but some of staff needs to be replaced. Reception staff unfriendly not helpful, Some of the bar staff were trying to be helpful but Bar staff was understaffed & bar manager was not receptive to requests for more staff. Very rude man. with a few new staff this could be a great hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
Belfast
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to Hilton for my son's wedding. Food a bit disappointing and particularly the presentation of the starter-shredded lettuce and some prawns on a large white plate! No vegtables with mains? The plus points are staff were quite young but attentive and friendly. Very relaxed and patio was lovely to sit out as evening was warm. Just a pity about the food I really think it could have been much better. I didnt stay overnight so I can't rate the rooms.
Marian

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We are regular visitors and thoroughly enjoy the Hilton experience. On arrival there is always a warm welcome from all the staff who are friendly and helpful. The facilities are great including the leisure centre, pool and the wonderful golf course.There are extensive practice areas where you can improve your skills before your round. Start the day with a hearty breakfast, light lunch in the bar and finish the day with a lovely dinner in the restaurant. Overall a first class experience and would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the golf course
Belfast
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been to this hotel a couple of times for work events in the conference suite and I'd often thought the grounds were lovely, very tranquil, lots of trees/flowers/rabbits hopping around but only half an hour from Belfast city centre and really close to the airport.

It was our wedding anniversary recently and with a toddler plus another one on the way we felt like a night away but not too far from home, so my husband booked a deal here. It included a deluxe room, chocolate covered strawberries and prosecco, b&b plus 3 course meal in the hotel restaurant.

Staff couldn't have been nicer, everyone seemed to know it was our wedding anniversary and kept congratulating us, check in was very quick and painless, service in restaurant was very efficient.

The food in the restaurant was so so, which, to be fair, is usual in a lot of hotels unfortunately. I had goats cheese pannacotta which a tiny portion of what tasted quite like Dairylea on a bed of rocket, followed by daube of beef which was an absolutely HUGE portion but not exactly sensational and then I asked for the homemade icecream which ended up being sorbet (not the same thing!) of assorted unidentifiable fruit flavours. The restaurant could have also done with a bit of a facelift, it was kind of like having dinner in a golf club, not unpleasant but not exactly a four star experience either.

The room was fine, not a bad size, clean, good shower in the bathroom, very comfortable bed, but again seemed like it could do with a facelift - not massively stylish or modern, no real stand out features. Nice view from the window though and very quiet.

However, chocolate covered strawberries were absolutely amazing and breakfast the next morning was really very good in terms of what was on offer and how nice it all was.

Not somewhere I would rush back to again in a mad hurry but for a night away it was very relaxing and offered good value for money.

Room Tip: If there's a wedding on, then you will probably want a room at the back to avoid the noise from...
Newry, Ireland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Myself and my wife had an enjoyable stay the food was lovely and we particularly emjoyed breakfast. The room was lovely and service was very good.We had a most enjoyable stay we just hadn't the time to use the leisure faciliies this time around. Overall stay was very enjoyable apart from that rain on the roof

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stopped at this hotel on an overnight business trip as the Belfast Hilton was twice the price and when we first pulled into the hotel I was looking forward to the stay - how disappointed I was.
The check in took an absolute age with only one lady on the desk with a queue starting to build. A second lady eventually appeared to speed things up but only after a frustrating wait of over 5 minutes.
The room I stayed in was probably the only plus point of the stay, it was well furnished had a good view of the golf course and comfortable but there has to be so much more to a hotel than the fixtures and fittings which I don't believe the management of this hotel are aware of.
When we went to the bar the service once again was slow although the barman was pleasant enough but choosing which restaurant to eat in became a problem as we asked a young man collecting glasses if we could eat in the conservatory (golf bar) overlooking the course - unbelievably he had to go and check before telling us there was a restaurant there.
We did eat in the upstairs restaurant however the food was warm not hot as it is shipped up from the main restaurant - the food is reasonably priced and reasonable quality but takes too long to be served and needs to be HOT!
Late drinks in the bar pushed the bill up as well as this is an expensive place to have a few drinks.
The following morning I was looking forward to putting the previous poor service behind me - no chance, as the service deteriorated even further. At breakfast there was no one initially to take our room numbers and when an older lady did arrive we got nothing more than a grunt and a mumble as we were shown to a table.
The actual breakfast selection was a good one however the hot food was once again warm not hot - the bacon in particular was luke warm at best. On leaving the breakfast hall I had to say goodbye to the other older lady looking after the service as it was clear she was not going to give us a fond farewell - we got a short "bye".
Checking out was even worse, yet again one lady on the desk who was on the phone selling a room and we actually had to wait seven minutes ( by now I had started timing the poor service!) before my colleague was dealt with and I was checked out by a lady who arrived 2 minutes later which made my wait 9 mins to be served.
I am sure this hotel is great for golfers but if you are planning on a business trip or a weekend away I do hope you receive better service than I received.
A disappointing trip which will make me think twice about where to stay for my next trip to N.Ireland.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 429SteveP
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hotel has its own golf course with excellent practise facilities. Nice leisure centre as well.
Very convenient for the airport. Perhaps the bedrooms could do with a bit of a refurbishment but definately a hotel i would have no hestiation in going back to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Holywood
Hilton Belfast
Hilton Belfast
#21 of 43 in Belfast

Been to Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!