“A regular favourite”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
United Kingdom
“A regular favourite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have been using the Templeton as a base for family visits for a number of years now and are never disappointed: the staff are lovely; the rooms we've had are spacious; and the food copious.
Our most recent visit also benefited from being on an excellent dinner, bed & breakfast deal which would have been hard to beat.
Our only niggle was that the large bathroom had absolutely no storage. A shelf or vanity unit would be a welcome addition.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MayDupname
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us.

We greatly appreciate all feedback from our customers as this is our best way to continue to learn.

We are delighted that you have continued to visit ourselves over the years, and we hope that you will continue to do so in the future.

We have taken your comments on board about bathrooms storage, and we will look into this.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Claire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were recommended the restaurant within this hotel as it was convenient to our accommodation in Co Antrim.
Unfortunately on arrival the restaurant was fully booked (we had not booked a table) but we were offered a table in the brasserie.
My first instinct was to leave as the atmosphere when we sat down was one of a canteen- there was a lot of clattering of cutlery and crockery- the noise from the open kitchen echoed around the room, there were also some children at a nearby table- however we decided to stay.
The quality of the service and food persuaded me it was the right choice - I chose the seafood chowder which was very good and was served with Irish bread.
The staff were very friendly and service was quick.
After our meal we sat in the hotel bar for coffee -one of our party mentioned they would like a biscuit and a plate of them arrived at the table free of charge.
Drink prices were reasonable.
I would go back to the Templeton just not to the brasserie- and it is probly unfair of me to criticise the noise and the children - I think the brasserie is a ' family friendly' eatery- which is understandable as there were probly a lot of families staying there over the bank holiday weekend.
It is the perfect place for a family meal- as the food quality is superior to that of other similar places I have been.
Next time I would book the restaurant -which is just my personal preference.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank july1959
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us.

We greatly appreciate all feedback from our customers, as this is the only way we can continue to provide the right standards and levels of service.

We do pride our Upton Grill Room as being a family friendly area, with menus and entertainment for children. As we also have our Raffles Restaurant we are fortunate enough to be able to offer a choice of venue to our guests.

We now offer free Wifi in our Public bar, and we are trying to get this available for our Residents as well.

We do hope that we shall be able to welcome you back here in the future.

Thanks again for your kind words.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

The main reason we picked this hotel was because we were looking for somewhere to stay after Enniskillen and a day spent exploring the north coast that would allow us to get to Dublin easily the next day and the Templeton hotel was a resonable price and a good location with free parking and breakfast. The staff at reception were welcoming and friendly and the property was nice enough, but a little dark and dated. We stayed in the Munro suite and the room was quite tired; there was one small window and the bedding was quite thin. However the room was quiet and we had a good night sleep. We stayed on a Wednesday and the hotel bar area and the resturant were both busy so would recommend booking a table if you're staying/dinning over the weekend. The resturant has a large menu and we ordered stake enchiladas with a side salad and fries. The protions a huge and my husband claims that the fries were the best he has ever had, after finishing my enchilada I was too full to try them myself! They did have mushrooms and corgettes in the enchiladas, which is not something that I've ever encountered before, but if you would like friendly and attentive service and value for money I would recommend it. The only other fault I can think to mention is that they charge for wi-fi, about £9.00 for 24 hours, which I think is quite expenive. We had breakfast the next morning and they offer cereal/yougurt/toast/pastries/fruit as well as a cooked breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KateLouiseMac

We greatly appreciate all feedback from our customers as that is how we continue to improve our standards and levels of service.

We have since got free Wifi in our Bar, and we are looking at free use for our residents.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Once again, thanks for your kind words.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed at the Templeton Hotel Sunday 25 May 2014 on an overnight escape which included bed, breakfast, main course and glass of wine for two people! What a completely fab place. The hotel itself is stunning - the grounds are beautiful, the reception area through to the lounge/bar just lovely and the Upton Grill (where we ate both dinner and breakfast) was just gorgeous. The chef (s) is so talented - the food was honestly of five star quality - the presentation, the taste, everything and the hotel staff were so welcoming and courteous. Our room was so lovely - on the second floor with wood beams and lovely views of the gardens. The only sound to be heard were the birds tweeting! Would highly recommend this hotel - so close to Belfast yet you really feel that you are so many miles away! Will definitely be back (for the food alone!!!) but if you get the chance, book an overnight treat for yourself. Deserves a 4-5 star rating in my mind.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, room 210 which is on the right side of the corridor - assume that thi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

We greatly appreciate all feedback, as this is the only way we can continue to provide the desired standards and levels of service.

Thanks for your very kind words - we really appreciate them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great place to go staff where lovely and couldn't do more for us ! We go there regularly and the quality of the food is very consistent . We seem to be working are way through the menu and have not been disappointed yet !

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Joanne W
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Templeton.

We are delighted with your kind words, and that you keep choosing to come back to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thanks again.

County Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Average enough. Receptionist was very friendly checking me in but I was informed that the wifi isn't free and would cost me £8.95 for the night. A little cheeky in my opinion when paying to stay the night anyway. I haven't come across any hotels lately that charge for bit buzz wifi. I didn't sleep well, found the bed quite hard and uncomfortable but it was clean and my colleagues all slept ok. Dinner was fine, nothing I couldn't have cooked myself though, I had the chicken goujons with garlic mayo and satay dips, tasty enough but again I cold have cooked it myself. I was excited to get breakfast having been told of the tasty pancakes there, unfortunately myself and two colleagues ordered them, we were waiting ages for them to arrive and when they finally did all of them were burnt quitely badly, blackened in places so quite disappointing. Checking out was easy and quick again by a lovely receptionist. All the staff there were lovely, the girl who served us dinner and breakfast was lovely but I felt the hotel let them down with a few issues such as the wifi and substandard breakfast.

I'd stay again but only because there's no other option in Templepatrick to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

We greatly appreciate all feedback, as this is the only way that we can provide the service and standards expected from our customers.

I am sorry that you found both your dinner and your breakfast slightly disappointing.

I hope that you shall return to us in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Sunday afternoon lunch was excellent.... first of all disabled access was great even though there was a large crowd for lunch it didn't seem cramped we had plenty of room...secondly the staff were very friendly,helpful and courteous....and finally the food superb selection all cooked to perfection ...I will certainly be back soon to try out there room service

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review.

We greatly appreciate all feedback, and it was lovely to hear such kind words.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Templeton in the future.

Thanks again.

Claire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Rosspark Hotel
Rosspark Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1

Been to Templeton Hotel? Share your experiences!