“random stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
newry
“random stay”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Having managed a 4* hotel before I can be called critical..

The hotel itself is not bad, you'll need a car as location isn't great, but hotel has a nice old rustique theme which is hard to find. We stayed 2 nights and had dinner one night..

We missed breakfast unfortunately as the people next door liked to argue ALOT!! But that's not hotels fault..

Few issues would be, bar and restaurant close early for hotel.. All staff from kitchen to reception are polite but lack confidence.. People want to feel welcome in a hotel not as if they are here to annoy you..

Anyway in summary food was good value, rooms were fine, whereas location and staff need to be trained in welcoming customer to each venue of you're hotel..

Thanks for the stay :)

Room Tip: Ask for one with nobody next to you!! Lol
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank garycregan28
Alison M, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay with ourselves.

I am sorry that you had noisy guests in the neighbouring room, but as you rightly say, that was not our fault, however, we could have contacted them and asked them to be quieter, if we had been made aware of the issue.

I am sorry that you felt that the Restaurant shut too early, but I do hope that you enjoyed your dinner with us.

I am very upset that you felt that you may have been "annoying" our staff, and that they were lacking confidence. We certainly endeavour in our staff training to reinforce both Customer Care, and also to make staff appear self-confident.

I do hope that you shall return to ourselves again.

Claire Kerr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
uk
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped off on Sunday evening 15 September without booking and were able to have a table with only a short wait in the very relaxing bar area. The Sunday evening menu which I did not know about offered two courses for £13.50 with a wide choice of starters and mains and the price included tea/coffee. We both chose the fish starter of scallop and crab with a lovely side salad - very good. We then had mains of sole and I had breast of duck - both really well presented and delicious. The mains were accompanied with sides of fresh mixed vegetables, baby potatoes and mash - enough for at least 3 people .These side dishes alone in other restaurants would be £3.00 each. Excellent meal - no room for deserts which were only another £3.00.
So glad we decided not to eat in Belfast and stopped off in the Templeton instead. This restaurant is as good as the top restaurants in Belfast with the added bonus of being a lot less expensive. Will be back more often.
Always go to the New Year Gala Ball and stay overnight which is a terrific evening both food and dance band.
Now planning to try the gourmet evening on 27th September and stay over too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning,

Thanks very much for your lovely feedback after your recent visit to the Templeton.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday dinner so much - it certainly is very good value.

I do hope that you managed to make it to our Gourmet Night last Friday night, and that we will
see you at our New Year's Eve Ball, if not before.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your positive comments.

Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Myself and my partner visited the hotels restaurant last night for a meal. We were seated promptly and given menus. The selection on the menu was good and there was a wide selection to choose from! However when are meals arrived they dinner look great! The battered fish was very dark and over cooked, no light and golden batter at the Templeton! The chips were extemely pale and almost look to be under cooked! The only take from the chips was oil! No amount of salt and vinegar could have helped them!

I had chosen Lasagne which was well present and garnished with some salad leaves and coleslaw and some ciabatta bread! However the Lasange itself was not very warm and had a very strong and overpowering tomato taste, and very dark in appearance.
Overall this was not a great dining experience!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank weegee26
Good morning,

I was sorry to learn of your disappointing meal when you dined with us recently.

The standards in our Grill Room are usually very high, but I was sorry to learn of your fish and chips not meeting your expectations. Unfortunately I cannot alter your meal after the event, but I do hope that you brought it to the attention of the Grill Room Supervisor, who would have been able to address the issue.

I know that Lasagne is quite a personal dish with some guests liking it runny and some preferring it more solid, and some choosing to have it with a strong tomato flavour, whilst others prefer it less so.

I do hope that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Donaghadee, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

just been to this hotel for a wedding reception ,a great day was had ,the food at the reception was very good served quickly and efficiently by the staff ,we stayed the night and the rooms were clean and everything you needed and the shower was superb ,breakfast next morning was lovely and it was nice to have a cooked breakfast that wasnt from a buffet ,bar prices were very reasonable for a hotel thank you to all concerned

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Alison M, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the Wedding Reception you attended, and
that you enjoyed your breakfast and staying over with us.
Thanks again for your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Craigavon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was there for a party of 16 and all was lovely looking ,but they only give us one waiter to take our orders of food and drink, thats when mistakes were made with the drinks order but that can happen.The starters came at a good rate and most were great mine was garlic mushrooms which in my opinion we warmed up before serving as they were soft and not crispy , then the main meals came and that was a disaster, out of 16 meals 4 were unable to eat theres others were the wrong dish then only part of the dish came and later the next part also only two people were drinking wine one red and one white and every time the girl brought the drink down she shouted ONE RED WINE or the other, same girl each time you would have thoiught after the second one anyway she would have knowen who it was for.The manager came down to see the people whos food was sent back and talk to them about this over the table which made others feel quite uncomfortable with his excuses .He then sent the waiter down to say sorry and give us complimentry tea or coffee.We were not offered the desert menu at all which i was very surprised at cause earlyer we had talked about what we liked for desert but there you go very bad alround and i would not recomend it for parties . We had a great time together as a family but it was no thanks to this place.P.S they can do good food as mine and my daughters main meal was lovely but what happened around us ruined it all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent visit to the Templeton.
I was sorry to hear of your disappointing time, but I was glad to learn that you yourself did enjoy your meal.
It sounds like there weren't enough staff looking after you, and for that I apologise.
I don't understand why you weren't offered desserts, as that is normal practice.
I know that the Manager on duty has already spoken to our Head Chef, who in turn has spoken with the Grill Room team on duty that night to address the issues.
Once again I am sorry for your disappointment, and I do hope that you will return to us to see that this was not typical of our normal standards.
Craigavon, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family had a 50th birthday dinner at this hotel for my uncle with a party of 17 and some of us were disappointed at both the service and some of the food received as we have eaten at the hotel before and it was lovely.

First of all there was only one waiter serving us the majority of the time which meant we were waiting for everyone to be served and the sides were served when some of us had finished our main. Second of all some of the mains served were not what some of us expected! a red tai curry had been ordered by my uncles sister in law and she said there was no taste to it and there was skin on the top which led her to believe it had been put in the microwave. she said how can you go wrong with it its not hard to make as she has made it several times herself and sent it back, she was asked did she want to order something else but she declined as she had been put off by the curry. My mum and cousin ordered the crab linguine and they found it too spicy and scraps of crab meat in the dish they both left it and didn't order anything else. Myself and my dad ordered the vegetable fajita and it was nice but too spicy although we both ate it as we were hungry and had waited long enough for our mains.

The manager came to speak to us as there was so many complaints and my cousin told him about the scraps of crab meat in her meal and said that she was expecting chunks in the meal the manager answered back saying you can't get chunks of crab meat, my cousin replied knowing her food saying she had ordered the same meal in Belfast and France and she had got chunks of crab meat there. At the end of the meal management apologised for the food received and the three meals and the sides were all taken off the bill but when I got the bill to pay for mine I was shocked to see that a jug of orange juice cost £4.60 which I had been drinking as I was driving I refused to pay for it! Needless to say some of us will not be returning!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Andrea S
Good morning,
Thanks for taking the time to post feedback after your recent visit with us.
I am sorry to learn of the disappointing experience for your party.
I know that the Manager on duty has spoken to our Head Chef about the food problems, and he has spoken to the team who were working on the night in question.
I do hope that you will return to the hotel in the future to see that the experience that you had was not typical of our normal standards.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here after a friends wedding. For a 3 star hotel it ticks all the boxes...
Rooms- nothing fancy but clean, tidy and relatively large. Beds comfy with nice big fluffy pillows.
Food- wedding food was really good, they had a buffet with fish and chips/ chicken and chips cones and sandwiches. Very yummy and all freshly made. Breakfast the next day equally as tasty but minimum selection- cooked breakfast and a few pastries only.
Staff were friendly and assisted with any queries. More than willing to help!
Overall, a decent 3 star hotel but nothing fancy nor luxurious.

Room Tip: apparently the rooms on higher floors have lovely arched ceilings and are larger
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks very much for taking the time to post feedback after your recent visit with us.
I am delighted to hear that you greatly enjoyed the Wedding Reception that you were at, and that your breakfast and accommodation experience were good.
Once again thanks for your feedback, and we hope that you will return to us again in the future.
Claire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Leighinmohr House Hotel
Leighinmohr House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Templeton Hotel? Share your experiences!