“Winter Offer”

and 1 more site!
Templeton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of this offer last Friday night. We were also attending a friends 50th birthday celebration in the hotel so it was nice not to have to head off home at the end of the night,

The offer included dinner (one course) and a glass of wine each. We ordered a starter each (at our expense) - on the whole the food was really nice - service however was really slow - the restaurant wasnt really that busy and there did appear to be a good number of staff on duty - so what went wrong I really don't know.
We have eaten many times in the Upton Grill - always a nice experience - bright airy - nice food - good staff.
The Raffles Restaurant was so dark and depressing I was shocked - this area really needs upgraded sooner rather than later.
The winter deal, on the whole, is very good value - but please sort the restaurant out or serve the meal in the grill please.
The bedroom (105)was on the ground floor and was very nice - plenty of room - lovely decor and warm and comfortable. The bathroom was ok and really we good have done with another couple of towels.
So come on Templeton sort the restaurant out - whilst the food was grand I would not book a table in the restaurant simply because of the decor and the depressing effect it has.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank belfastcastle
Alison M, General Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to view the Templeton Hotel. I am pleased that on the whole you found our Winter Offer good value for money, however I am saddened to hear our Raffles Restaurant was not to your taste. We are fortuate to have two contrasting restaurants which suits the diversity of our customer base. The decor in Raffles is unique and we receive regular compliments from customers who feel the atmosphere and ambience is perfectly matched to our A la Carte menu. I am sorry you felt the service was slow and I will address this matter with the relevant staff. Thank you again for your comments and as reqular guests of our Upton Grillroom I look forward to welcoming you back again in th near furture.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Attended the hotel in August 2011 for a friends wedding.
From the moment of arrival, until we left after the evening reception, we couldn't have been more impressed.

The staff at this hotel are well trained, courteous, obliging and nothing is too much trouble.
The function room is well appointed, spotlessly clean, and the bar well stocked and fairly priced.

We were delighted at the quality of the food, as wedding meals can sometimes be a little poor. Not at the Templeton. All in all, we were impressed.

Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Anywhere at all, fantastic hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark T

Thank you for taking the time to view the Templeton and having such lovely things to say about the hotel. We will try to keep up the good work and look forward to welcoming you back to the Templeton in the future!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here on new years eve and had a great time. Lovely atmosphere and very welcoming staff. Great food and could not fault it. Just one minor thing would like more variety at breakfast. We attended the gala ball with the big band connection playing and it was a fantastic night. Nice touches having a photographer, gifts on the table for everyone and the lovely soup when it was all over. Staff done a great job.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Alison M, Public Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay with us at New Year's Eve.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the night - although the weather on your visit at the end of March was much more suitable for that expected at New Year's Eve!!!

I know we have seen you all several times in 2013, and we all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks again for your feedback and continued support.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I ate a very good meal here. The duck was slightly chewy, but the dish incuded venison which was very good indeed. The starter was very nice. We had to sit in the waiting area for other family to arrive. The couch was dirty and saggy. There was a man playing a piano in that area, which was delightful "live" entertainment. The meal was very good, and service was good. You could have all sorts of extra vegetables (carrots, peas, mash, roasties).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to post feedback followin gyour recent visit to the Templeton hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your venison, and I have passed on yoru comments about the duck to our Head Chef.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that you will return to us.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nice hotel and even better we got upgraded to the norton suite which was lovely. Meal at raffles however somewhat disappointing, service was slow and food was just average. Breakfast the next day was fine and the waitress was nice and helpful. overall not a bad stay but the upgrade certainly made it for me!

Room Tip: If get a chance stay in a suite really lovely with great view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to post feedback after your recent visit to the Templeton hotel.

I am sorry that your dining experience was disappointing, but I am delighted that you were lucky enough to be upgraded to the Norton Suite.

I hope that you will return to us in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Well I stayed with my sister in the Templeton on the 14th December 2012 for the "Christmas Party Night" with the Bug Band Sound playing until the early hours. It was a fantastic evening. The food was excellent, music fantastic and the whole evening was well supervised. We stayed overnight with full breakfast the following morning which was great. Plenty to eat. The room we had unfortunately had a few stains on the carpets and ceiling but apart from that was a great stay.

I would like to thank the management and staff of the Templeton for making our stay a very enjoyable experience and I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2012
Alison M, General Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write to us following your recent stay after our dinner dance. We are delighted that you enjoyed your night, and we were very impressed that you had travelled all the way from England for the night!
Thank you for your constructive comments about accommodation, which I will act upon with our Housekeeping department.
We hope that we will see you next Christmas, and you will be more than welcome here at any stage throughout 2013.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Thank you so much to Alison, Claire, Andrea, Samantha, Michelle, Andrew, Maurice, Dessie and all the wonderful staff at the Templeton for looking after Rob and I not only yesterday on our wedding day but also over the last 6 months of preparation. I could not have asked for a better service, a warmer welcome or a nicer meal. from beginning to end you catered for our every need and made sure our day went without a hitch and for this I am ever so grateful, I can not wait for another trip to the hotel to simply sit back, relax and take in the beautiful surroundings and wonderful atmosphere the Templeton has to offer! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time after your wedding to write your feedback to us. It was a pleasure for all us to look after you, and you were so well organised that it greatly helped us on the Big Day.

We would like to wish you a very happy 2013, and we look forward to welocming you back to the Templeton very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
#1 of 1 in Dunadry
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Templeton Hotel? Share your experiences!