“Very nice venison”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Templepatrick
Whitehead, United Kingdom
“Very nice venison”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I ate a very good meal here. The duck was slightly chewy, but the dish incuded venison which was very good indeed. The starter was very nice. We had to sit in the waiting area for other family to arrive. The couch was dirty and saggy. There was a man playing a piano in that area, which was delightful "live" entertainment. The meal was very good, and service was good. You could have all sorts of extra vegetables (carrots, peas, mash, roasties).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alison M, Public Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post feedback followin gyour recent visit to the Templeton hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your venison, and I have passed on yoru comments about the duck to our Head Chef.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that you will return to us.

Claire Kerr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Saintfield, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nice hotel and even better we got upgraded to the norton suite which was lovely. Meal at raffles however somewhat disappointing, service was slow and food was just average. Breakfast the next day was fine and the waitress was nice and helpful. overall not a bad stay but the upgrade certainly made it for me!

Room Tip: If get a chance stay in a suite really lovely with great view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post feedback after your recent visit to the Templeton hotel.

I am sorry that your dining experience was disappointing, but I am delighted that you were lucky enough to be upgraded to the Norton Suite.

I hope that you will return to us in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Claire Kerr
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Well I stayed with my sister in the Templeton on the 14th December 2012 for the "Christmas Party Night" with the Bug Band Sound playing until the early hours. It was a fantastic evening. The food was excellent, music fantastic and the whole evening was well supervised. We stayed overnight with full breakfast the following morning which was great. Plenty to eat. The room we had unfortunately had a few stains on the carpets and ceiling but apart from that was a great stay.

I would like to thank the management and staff of the Templeton for making our stay a very enjoyable experience and I will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2012
Alison M, General Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write to us following your recent stay after our dinner dance. We are delighted that you enjoyed your night, and we were very impressed that you had travelled all the way from England for the night!
Thank you for your constructive comments about accommodation, which I will act upon with our Housekeeping department.
We hope that we will see you next Christmas, and you will be more than welcome here at any stage throughout 2013.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Thank you so much to Alison, Claire, Andrea, Samantha, Michelle, Andrew, Maurice, Dessie and all the wonderful staff at the Templeton for looking after Rob and I not only yesterday on our wedding day but also over the last 6 months of preparation. I could not have asked for a better service, a warmer welcome or a nicer meal. from beginning to end you catered for our every need and made sure our day went without a hitch and for this I am ever so grateful, I can not wait for another trip to the hotel to simply sit back, relax and take in the beautiful surroundings and wonderful atmosphere the Templeton has to offer! Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time after your wedding to write your feedback to us. It was a pleasure for all us to look after you, and you were so well organised that it greatly helped us on the Big Day.

We would like to wish you a very happy 2013, and we look forward to welocming you back to the Templeton very soon.
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Had my work Christmas do last night in the Templeton and was disgusted at the way we were treated. First of all we paid £30 each for our dinner which was horrible. A couple of boiled potatoes and dried up meat with congealed gravy over it, disgusting! And for starters a bowl of murky soup with a stale bread roll.
Went to the bar and it was ridiculously overpriced but as I had predicted that it would be we had our own alcohol in my friends bedroom.
As soon as the music stopped the bouncers were straight in pushing people out and shouting at everyone to leave, they even threatened my colleague when he tried to go up to the room to get his phone.
As I came down I was spotted by one of the bouncers who ordered me outside, he was very nasty and only an hour earlier he was outside skiving off and asking me for cigarettes.
I had a lift taking me home at 2AM, but as we were thrown out before that I had to ring someone else to come get me, which I couldnt even do at reception I had to go outside in the rain and wait for an hour by myself, which wasnt ideal as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere.
My friend who had actually booked a room wasnt even allowed upstairs.
I did have a good night but it was because of the people, NOT the place. If you want to stay in a concentration camp definitly book this hotel, but ill be going to the park plaza next time.

Room Tip: dont book one here, try the park plaza
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathryn M
Alison M, General Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback following your recent attendance at our Christmas Party night. I am saddened to hear that you found your meal unsatisfactory as the feedback from our guests on Friday evening was very positive. I have taken note of your comments regarding our door supervisors and I will appropriately address your concerns with them directly.

Unfortunately, on occasions, we have had to ask them to speak to non residents, who have had brought their own alcohol onto the premises with the intension of staying beyond the regulated bar hours to consume it. This in the past has lead to noise disruption and complaints from other guests, together with rooms being left in an undesirable state and for these reasons we have had to be more vigilant.
I am sorry that your overall experience was not to your liking, as we really do enjoy hosting our Party Nights and we have the interest of all our guests foremost in our minds.
Thank you once again for your comments.
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I would just like to compliment the staff in Raffles Restaurant for the wonderful night we had at the 'Gourmet Night'. The food was amazing - well presented and of a very high standard. The variety of food presented along with the selection of wines made the evening a truly memorable experience. The staff serving the food were so professional and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. They deserve credit for the way they conducted themselves - they are a real asset to the hotel. Thank you to all concerned for a great night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
templeton123, Guest Relations Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Good evening

Thank you very much for posting feedback after your recent stay at the Templeton.

I would like to apologise for your room being too warm, and I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused you. I imagine this was as a result of the weather being changeable temperature-wise, as we move from winter to spring, and our heating still having been set to accommodate the recent colder spell.

I am glad that you enjoyed your food when you were with us, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon.

Thanks again for your review.

Claire
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

had our wedding here in september 2012. couldnt fault it, the staff couldnt do enough to help, especially andrea, the food was amazing,especially their chicken ceasar salad. rooms were very clean. would definately recommend,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alison M, General Manager at Templeton Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review for the Templeton Hotel and for your kind comments. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us as a wedding venue for your very special day.
We take great pleasure in hosting only one wedding a day and I am glad everything was to your satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Templepatrick
Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Rosspark Hotel
Rosspark Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Holiday Inn Express Antrim M2, JCT.1

Been to Templeton Hotel? Share your experiences!