“Good food. Service depends on who serves you.”

Causeway Hotel Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Bushmills
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Food is really good although the menu is quite unexciting. The service really does depend on who serves you, a young man took our order but ran off after we ordered mains & my husband had to go find him to give him the order for sides. A different staff member brought the meals, set them down and took off without asking if we wanted anything else (which I did). However, the lovely young girl who took the desert order couldn't have been more attentive!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited as a family
of 10 over the May day holiday weekend. The restaurant was quiet but we had to wait for about an hour after placing a food order. The waitress was a bit put out when my daughter asked for tumblers instead of wine glasses for the children insisting they were shatter proof.
The meals did not all arrive together and overall the food was only ok.
I have stayed in the hotel in the past and the refurbishment looks good but I do not think I would
want to
book in now.
Looking at other reviews this seems to be a theme.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

After visiting the Giant's causeway, we decided to have a late lunch here thanks to the TA reviews and are very glad we did. The restaurant is decorated exactly how we pictured remote hilltop restaurants to look like. We had the toasted sandwiches, which were delicious and cost £5 each (great value)! Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

After a fatiguing walk to and back from the Giant's causeway my family and I had built up quite an appetite. We had heard from a previous tour of Belfast that this was the place to come for food so we came up to check it out. Inside, the hotel is warm, well decorated and welcoming- especially in contrast to the cold wintery weather outside in April!
We were sat down swiftly at our table and our drinks order was taken by the friendly waitress. When the food arrived, it was well presented and everyone enjoyed their meal. I chose the small portion of BBQ ribs and of the many times I have had this dish in England, it has always been dry and never lived up to ribs from the USA... well this was until my meal here! The sauce was thick, sweet, rich and almost chutney like and the ribs fell off the bone and melted in your mouth. The coleslaw the came on the side was creamy with a tartness from the apple and I ordered veg on the side which was a good portion of carrots and cauliflower. My mum also commented on how delicious the wheaten/soda bread was here and the waitress englightened us that it was infact flavoured with Guiness- we will definitely be searching for a recipe.
The bill was sorted easily but we didn't really want to leave this lovely comfy spot to re-enter the cold once we were there!

1  Thank Ask_Ellie-Mae
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We tried the restaurant for a family birthday.It was a very cold evening but it was still nice to be together.We hoped the ''early bird''was available as everybody liked the sound of the steak meal,including side,pepper sauce & tobacco onions.Unfortunately this had been temporarily withdrawn & the main menu had nothing quite so tempting.Eating out when treating a family of 13 & later 14 people is expensive & it drives me made when establishments withdraw these offers to avail of holiday seasons.This left a bitter taste with me.My chilli fries seemed like reheated potato bites with chilli dipping sauce & veru ordinary & my sharing side of tobacco onions would only have filled my 4 year old grandson.I think the causeway was better before as it served hearty food at reasonable prices.Now it is serving ordinary cuisine at much more expensive prices.I was very disappointed by my birthday evening out & would have expected more for the sizeable bill.