“Beautiful decor and excellent sandwiches”

Causeway Hotel Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Bushmills
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful decor and excellent sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

After visiting the Giant's causeway, we decided to have a late lunch here thanks to the TA reviews and are very glad we did. The restaurant is decorated exactly how we pictured remote hilltop restaurants to look like. We had the toasted sandwiches, which were delicious and cost £5 each (great value)! Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
“If you're visiting the causeway- this is the place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

After a fatiguing walk to and back from the Giant's causeway my family and I had built up quite an appetite. We had heard from a previous tour of Belfast that this was the place to come for food so we came up to check it out. Inside, the hotel is warm, well decorated and welcoming- especially in contrast to the cold wintery weather outside in April!
We were sat down swiftly at our table and our drinks order was taken by the friendly waitress. When the food arrived, it was well presented and everyone enjoyed their meal. I chose the small portion of BBQ ribs and of the many times I have had this dish in England, it has always been dry and never lived up to ribs from the USA... well this was until my meal here! The sauce was thick, sweet, rich and almost chutney like and the ribs fell off the bone and melted in your mouth. The coleslaw the came on the side was creamy with a tartness from the apple and I ordered veg on the side which was a good portion of carrots and cauliflower. My mum also commented on how delicious the wheaten/soda bread was here and the waitress englightened us that it was infact flavoured with Guiness- we will definitely be searching for a recipe.
The bill was sorted easily but we didn't really want to leave this lovely comfy spot to re-enter the cold once we were there!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ask_Ellie-Mae
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“Easter Tea -time family treat.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We tried the restaurant for a family birthday.It was a very cold evening but it was still nice to be together.We hoped the ''early bird''was available as everybody liked the sound of the steak meal,including side,pepper sauce & tobacco onions.Unfortunately this had been temporarily withdrawn & the main menu had nothing quite so tempting.Eating out when treating a family of 13 & later 14 people is expensive & it drives me made when establishments withdraw these offers to avail of holiday seasons.This left a bitter taste with me.My chilli fries seemed like reheated potato bites with chilli dipping sauce & veru ordinary & my sharing side of tobacco onions would only have filled my 4 year old grandson.I think the causeway was better before as it served hearty food at reasonable prices.Now it is serving ordinary cuisine at much more expensive prices.I was very disappointed by my birthday evening out & would have expected more for the sizeable bill.

• Visited March 2013
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I may live along the north coast but its a long time since i visited the gaints cauesway nearly 30 years! We started our trip with a guided tour of the stones which was both imformative and fun with a guide who had a wealth of knowledge, heard the stories many times as a child and still found them exciting and mystical as an aldult. We then popped into the new visitors centre to browse the delights in the well stocked shop and enjoy a cup of steaming hot coffee to warm our bones. In the evening we had a wonderful dinning experience in the Hotel restaurant, the hotel is lovely, comfortable and has great friendly service. The meal was excellant and presented with great care it not only looked good but tasted even better. I will be returning with my family and believe this will prove to be a firm favourite with anyone who dines here! Also great value for money.

• Visited February 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Surprise experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Dropped in for a bite to eat one cold day last month, expecting something pedestrian from the only hotel on this World Heritage site. I ordered safe,...ceasar salad and a homemade burger .
I have had a range of ceasar salads all over the world
I got something special on my plate made with great care and delicacy. Here was a proper ceasar made with precision and great flavour and texture. Best I've EVER had, and right on my doorstep. My burger too was a piece of magic.
It just goes to show ,we get used to such plain fodder under these titles,but when someone in the kitchen knows their job, your world view is transformed .
Well done the Causeway.!