“Best tour among my 11 days in UK”

City and Causeway Tours
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Bushmills
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Many thanks to Alister, my husband and I had a wonderful trip!!! Alister is very helpful and making my reservation very easy. I had a hard time access internet the day before the trip, Alister was so thoughtful and had already emailed me, tried to get in touch with me, really appreciate it!! I am glad I chose my private tour with Alister, it's really an eye opening experience, the trip was very informative and fun. I didn't go to distillery since I am clueless about wine/liquor, instead, Alister drove us to some part of the city to show us around prior dropping us to the coach station. It's was a great experience, I have to say the tour is the best among my 11 days visit to UK!! Thanks again Alister!!

All reviews
"peace wall"
in 5 reviews
"recent cruise"
in 2 reviews
"recommend booking a tour"
"cabbage bacon"
"quaint little restaurant"
"treated like vips"
in 2 reviews
"catholic and protestant neighborhoods"

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were going to Belfast for a day on a cruise and we scheduled a tour with Stevie through Causeway and City tours. This was the best tour on our 12 day cruise by far!! I was not expecting it to be so great. I had been to Belfast before but Stevie gave me so much more information and was so much fun! He did exactly what we requested and was able to fit in as much as possible for us. He was also able to find us a restaurant that had a gluten free menu. He was very accommodating! We had the best time and would definitely request another tour by him if we were to go back!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Alistrer`s response to my email was immediate all fears of not booking a tour from Princess cruises were dispelled. We were in contact during our cruise to Belfast and Alister was on the dockside early for a quick getaway before the coaches. We had a free choice of itineray with Alister suggesting best routes. We took roads coaches could not access and the views were spectacular . Lunch was a brilliant restaurant in Port Rush. Alister`s local knowledge was never ending and with a great sense of humour.
Forget ship`s excursions , you cant go wrong with City and Causeway Tours.Definitely value for money
Geoff & Pat

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My mother and I arrived in Belfast along with my 19 year-old nephew and two of his classmates for a nine-day tour of Ireland. Though we have toured Ireland several times this was our first to include Belfast and the Antrim Coast. It was our spectacular luck to choose Stevie from a crowd of cab drivers waiting at the airport for customers. Stevie was warm, welcoming and generous with information and suggestions for a day of relaxation and leisurely exploration. I was somewhat apprehensive about the fact that I hadn't pre-booked a tour to Giant's Causeway -- it was high on the boys' travel wish-list and seeing the murals was high on mine. Our time in Belfast was so limited that I had considered sending the boys to tour the northern coast while I toured the city. As Stevie inquired about our plans I explained our dilemma -- we would be boarding a train to Dublin the following evening and we had differing priorities, not to mention jet lag. Stevie pointed the boys toward a modern lunch buffet and my mother and I toward a cozy spot for traditional Irish fare and a pot of tea. He encouraged us to relax and explore leisurely, assuring us that he would meet all of our needs the following day.

Stevie arrived at our hotel early the next morning and asked if we already had our train tickets. Since we hadn't, we were able to take advantage of his brilliant plan. He would take us on a tour of the Belfast murals, then to Giant's Causeway with stops at Cerek-a-Rede bridge and
Bushmills Distillery, then on to Derry and then he would drive us to Dublin! All for the same price he quoted us the day before for the Causeway tour alone -- plus the same fee per person that we would have to pay for the train. We were thrilled! Unfortunately, we were near Bushmills distillery when Stevie got a call from the hotel informing us that one of the boys had left his passport at the hotel. Stevie was wonderful -- we had to cut Derry from the tour, but he re-configured the plan, provided an excellent tour, drove us back to Belfast to get the passport, and STILL drove us to Dublin.
There simply aren't words to describe the warmth and care Stevie provided us. The cab driver who was a complete stranger the day before treated us like family and went out of his way to ensure that we were taken care of in every possible way. He has encyclopedic knowledge of Irish history and an infectious enthusiasm for sharing the pride of his Irish heritage. Though he conducts tours day-in and day-out, nothing about our day with him felt like a "tour." Stevie has a genuine love for Ireland, for its people and their struggles that was never more clear than in the heart of the Murals of Falls and Shankhill. Here we were, a family with ancestral ties to Protestant rebels from County Down on a tour with a Catholic guide in the epicenter of "The Troubles" and we couldn't have felt more safe or comfortable. Stevie made it all work, and ensured that we have wonderful memories of our short time in Northern Ireland. We can't wait to go back!
If you are planning a trip to Ireland, Stevie is highly recommended.

1  Thank rkimberly618
See more reviews
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were on a British Islands cruise in May 2013 and one of the ports of call was Belfast. We were interested in touring the Northern Ireland country side, but didn’t want to be jammed in a 40 passenger bus for 6 hours. I found City and Causeway tours here on Trip Advisor in April 2013. 24 out of 24 reviews were excellent and I wondered if these were real.
WOW – What a fabulous day!!!! Our review is now number 30 out of 30 excellent reviews and I wish there was a way to give them a Perfect. Alister answered all our e-mail inquiries quickly and then suggested a phone conversation to insure that the tour would meet our needs. This is a fantastic reasonably priced private tour.
When our ship docked earlier than expected, they already knew and sent us a message that Stevie would be available for the early arrival. Stevie picked us up at the ship and we were off on a terrific journey along the Antrim coast and through the Northern Ireland country side. We visited the major sites like Giant's Causeway, Bushmills Distillery, Dunluce Castle and Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, and a lot places the large tour buses can’t/won't go. We had a great dinner in Portrush at Ramore Restaurant and then were back to our ship in plenty of time for our departure. Stevie’s knowledge of this beautiful country was excellent and he made certain that our day was fun filled. When we return to Belfast again, Alister and Stevie will be the people that we call for another tour. If you are interested in a tour with them, I suggest that you contact them early.

Russ, Betty, Wayne and Mary