“The perfect B&B for seeing the sights in Northern Ireland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bushmills
Islandcorr Farm B&B
Ranked #2 of 27 Bushmills B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had planned to take my motorbike out to Northern Ireland and wanted to see the main sights there. I wanted somewhere near to Bushmills, the Giant's Causeway and The Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and chose Islandcorr on the basis of its great reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed! Anna is most welcoming and it is a lovely place to unwind after a busy day of travel and seeing the tourist attractions. I was greeted with tea and some wonderful homemade cakes and Anna, who has lived in the area for many years, has plenty of useful advice on where else you can explore and how to get there. The B&B is out of the way in a nice and peaceful location but literally minutes from all the above sights. I only stayed for one night due to a busy schedule but it'd be great to have as a base for a few days too. I can also only concur with the comments of other reviewers on what a fabulous Ulster Fry Anna serves up for breakfast. Mobile phone reception in the area is generally (and understandably) variable however wifi is provided which was much appreciated. For the most reasonable price Anna charges it's nothing short of superb. I can highly recommend and I'll be staying here again next time I'm in NI.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have their own en-suite but there are only a couple sharing a very well equipped b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Although I had a very good email conversation with the hosts, my son and I arrived a lot earlier than expected. This did not perturb the host in the slightest, we were given a warm welcome and shown around the property. We did not receive the home made treats, which I was slightly disappointed about however Anna's daughter-in-law presented us with a delightful packet of biscuits by way of apology for this (my tip is to ensure that you have the telephone number stored if you are to travel a long distance such as we did).

Throughout our stay we have received nothing but amazingly attentive care and a genuine feeling of being a part of the extended family. The location of the B&B is breathtaking with views of the mountains on one side and the coast on the other. Encompanied by the gracious care of Anna and her family, my toddler son and I have never felt more welcome.

We stayed in the double room with ensuite which is very well furnished with digital television, a large double bed and a 3 seater settee as well as ample storage space for clothes within the built-in wardrobe, ottoman style seating and rattan style furniture. The attention to detail is second to none in that there are refreshments available in the room, a selection of toiletries and guides for local attractions. It is beautifully decorated and highly maintained.

Guests have an exclusive front door which allows a great degree of privacy, for which a key is supplied. The whole guest area is clean and beautifully maintained. There is use of a sun-lounge on the first floor which provides welcome vistas over the working farm and countryside. We were fortunate enough during our stay to have this heated by the sun and it provided a welcome retreat with ample comfortable seating as well as books and toys. Such is the instinct of the host that my son was brought up here to play with Anna and it seemed a great privilege for her to do so as she has Grandsons of a similar age.

With regards to breakfast, each set of guests is seated at their own table with a seemingly unlimited supply of food available... nothing is out of this woman's ability!! The traditional Ulster breakfast is to die for with very fresh ingredients (local eggs with the darkest yellow yolks that I have ever seen as they come from not even a mile away), beautiful traditional sausages, potato cakes, tomatoes, bacon, mushrooms, et al. Juices and hot drinks on tap. Milk and butter from the farm (delicious) and a wide range of cereals to cater for all tastes.

This B&B is truly heartwarming and I cannot speak highly enough of it. The location is extremely rural, as you would expect with a working farm; but you get a warm welcome from Anna, Archie and the family and all of the dogs (although don't expect a football not to be punctured in the process of playing with the working dogs). It provides a great base-camp for Bushmills and the surrounding area; there are so many attractions within a few miles and always somewhere amazing to eat in the evenings as well.

If I could say anything about Islandcorr it would be that it has convinced me that a move to this part of Northern Ireland is well worthwhile. We have been embraced as part of the family and that is extremely moving; you will not find this anywhere else!!!

Room Tip: Ensure that you send a personal email to the host to establish your requirements as some rooms are e...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Colette A
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Islandcorr the first of March in the Islay King Suite. Weather in N Ireland was brisk, a bit rainy and windy but Anna's home was quiet and peaceful even as the wind howled through the night. We had a lovely reception in the sun room on arrival with coffee and biscuits and, as other guests have mentioned, we had a lovely full breakfast that kept us all through the next day of touring the northern coast. We had hoped to see the northern lights from the sun room but the clouds were covering the sky. Perhaps for the next visit! This B and B is very convenient to many attractions for the Northern Coast.

1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Islandcorr B&B with my family and loved it. Anna our host was charming and was attentive to all of our needs. Breakfast was from local produce and fabulous! It is a great farmhouse accommodation located convenient to the Bushmills Distillery, the Giants Causeway and Dunluce Castle. Ask Anna for attractions off the beaten path. My wife and I really enjoyed winding down a long day with a bottle of wine while gazing at the stars in the great sun room. If you're in this part of Northern Ireland you should look into staying here. The Rowleys.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Anna at Islandcorr is a lovely person, so welcoming. I was particularly impressed with the extra little touches, such as, complimentary bottles of water in the bedroom, biscuits, bath robes and a whole variety of useful toiletries as well as games and books in the sun room.The accommodation is clean and bright, but I did find our room rather cramped. The twin felt more spacious. Breakfast was good and Anna was keen to help and give us suggestions for places to eat and visit.

Room Tip: Twin room is more spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Anna was very welcoming and a caring host for our one night stay.
Our room - the Islay King Suite - was filled with many useful amenities. The guests can also share a seperate living room with an attached small library and some games on the same floor which was nice to spend the evening in.
Anna's Ulster Fry was the best breakfast we have been served on our journey through Northern Ireland. A good choice of cereals, milk and butter from her own farm, eggs from neighbouring farms. Her pancakes within the special ulster fry were simply perfect.
Due to the rural surroundings, there was no noise at all to be heard from the outside.

We had a wonderful time at Islandcorr farm and regret that we only booked one night on our round trip.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We arrived in a gale to a fabulously warm welcome and made the most of our time in the area by leaving early to go the Giant's Causeway. We were really sorry not to spend longer at Islandcorr - so comfortable and everything you could want from a B&B. We'll be back!

2  Thank UKtourist89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushmills
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
Rest A While
Rest A While
#4 of 27 in Bushmills
Causeway Tavern Bed & Breakfast

Been to Islandcorr Farm B&B? Share your experiences!