“wouldnt go again” 2 of 5 bubbles

and up
Giant's Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge Day Trip from Dublin
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Bushmills
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1608, this is the oldest licensed distillery in the world and exports its whiskey internationally.
ireland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“wouldnt go again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2007

Don't like whiskey, and certainly wont touch it in the future! The stench from the factory part of the tour was stomach-turning. Even the heavy drinkers in the group were keen to get out from the humid vile-smelling environment.

Tour was alright, if you were standing close enough to the tour guide to hear what they were saying. Those at the back quite evidently couldnt hear a thing, from the explitives heard underbreath. Left alot to be desired.

The tour and free drink (whisky or coka-cola) at the end was not worth the extortionate prices charged.

Never again.

1 Thank deenkies

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“I enjoyed the tour, but I do not like Whiskey !!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2005

I was given a trip to Belfast, Ireland for my 60th Birthday from a friend I worked with. My friend was born in Belfast and came to Canada in 1969. We met in 1981. We stayed at Kates Bed & Breakfast - wonderful people and great lodgings. I pray good Lord willing I will be able to return there some day. I went on a bus tour to Giant's Causeway ( where did we stop for the most delicious soup and sandwich and a fine pint of Irish beer - Please tell me the name of this stop on the way to Giant's Causeway) I enjoyed the Giant's Causeway tremendously and only wished I had seen the film about the Causeway instead of going to Bushmills - perhaps if and when I am ever back in Belfast - I will watch the film instead. I am constantly reading about Belfast and my Grandfather came from Dublin - imagine - I did not get the chance to visit Dublin then but perhaps I will next time. I thoroughly enjoyed the Botanic Gardens, Museum - wish I had spent more time there and the Rose Garden is supurb!!!!Oh the beautiful roses, the colours and the fragrances from them - Oh I can close my eyes and smell them now..... Only one thing I wish I had remembered to bring with me to Ireland was White Vinegar - you see I ate delicious fish and chips every evening except for one pizza with a wondeful English Lady I met on the tour to Giant's Causeway, and a most scrumptous, delicious Tea at my friend's Brother Brian and Wife Margaret Whitten - I would give anything to get in contact with Brian and Margaret but their number is unlisted. Perhaps if any readers know their wherabouts they could give them my e-mail address......Please I would be forever grateful. Thank you. Eleanor

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member