1,031 results
All reviews national trust free entry visitor center sunday carvery lovely hotel the cliff old world charm sea view fish and chips large room scones salmon lovely room an evening meal both nights weekend break enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2019

We stayed as a family of three during October and it was great from check in until we left. Room was fantastic, plenty of space, clean and comfortable. Bar was relaxing and food was good, great selection and choices. Lovely to be able to walk out of the hotel and visit the Giants Causeway as many times as we wanted during our stay within walking distance.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

A very nice and well-established place ... serving good food and cheery banter. Eat there and you can park your car free in their excellent car park while you visit the main attraction by bus or on foot. Pretty busy when we were there ... Guess that might be a permanent position.
We only had lunch there. ... But nice.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank 950anguse
Reviewed February 28, 2019

My husband and I had our first trip away in 19 years without the kids. We spent two nights at this almost 200 year hotel that was built to allow visitors to come and enjoy the beauty of the Giant's Causeway. The hotel décor therefore may not be to everyone's taste, but we saw it as history. The rooms however, were more modern, spacious, had thick carpets, very comfortable beds, good heating system and ambient lighting. The dining area was quite grand, but needed some music to enhance the atmosphere. Both breakfast and dinner were amazing.

The staff were very friendly and we would especially like to thank Clare at the front desk and Ruby the duty supervisor, who both resolved a few issues we had with our room. Thank you for the dinner - we were very impressed and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Parking was no issue at the hotel. One key point I would like to highlight - do not waste your time paying £11.50 to enter the visitors centre that has very little information, unless of course you want to do the audio guide along the causeway. This is included if you stay at the hotel, but for a day trip, just visit the Giant Causeway via the arch next to the visitor's centre - it's FREE. The surrounding area is breath-taking and you can explore so many places by hiking or by car.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

We went here to eat as a local family from Northern Ireland taking kids to see the Causeway. The restaurant is outdated and shabby. They didn't have half the food on the kids menu. I could have broken bricks with the chicken I got as it was dry and overcooked. My partner went to the bar to get our parking validated and witnessed one member of staff verbally abuse another then she snatched the ticket from his hand and threw it back at him. It was the height of rudeness! I then contacted the hotel to tell them about the experience and see if it could be fixed before I left this review and they said they'd send a meal voucher and apologised. I've waited 3-4 months for the voucher and it still hasn't arrived so I've been forced to leave this. The hotel literally only has the Causeway next door nothing else its not in the most ideal location for travellers, there are far better options in the towns around the area. Staff were appalling I would not recommend, its like they don't have to try because of their location.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
KathleenL1733, Operations Manager at Causeway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Hi Janet,

I'm sorry to read that your experience in the hotel was not as expected. When we offer a voucher we always send these on the same day first class so I'm surprised that this has not arrived as yet.

Perhaps you could call me directly and I can look into this for you and issue a new voucher.

02820731210

Regards

Lee
Operations Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2019

We stayed here at the weekend as a late Xmas present for my wife. Accommodation was good for the venue. The hotel let itself down with the less than friendly Reception and Restaurant Manager, she was not prepared to smile at any cost.

Waiting & Bar staff were amazing and really made us feel at home and we tipped them accordingly.

We inquired about walking to the Causeway and were advised to enter through the Visitors Centre. We later discovered that the walk way to the Causeway is free and that this 'misinformation' is a way for the National Trust Hotel to make more money.

Naughty.