1,038 results
All reviews national trust free entry visitor center sunday carvery lovely hotel the cliff old world charm sea view large room fish and chips scones salmon lovely room an evening meal both nights weekend break enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

We went here to eat as a local family from Northern Ireland taking kids to see the Causeway. The restaurant is outdated and shabby. They didn't have half the food on the kids menu. I could have broken bricks with the chicken I got as it was dry and overcooked. My partner went to the bar to get our parking validated and witnessed one member of staff verbally abuse another then she snatched the ticket from his hand and threw it back at him. It was the height of rudeness! I then contacted the hotel to tell them about the experience and see if it could be fixed before I left this review and they said they'd send a meal voucher and apologised. I've waited 3-4 months for the voucher and it still hasn't arrived so I've been forced to leave this. The hotel literally only has the Causeway next door nothing else its not in the most ideal location for travellers, there are far better options in the towns around the area. Staff were appalling I would not recommend, its like they don't have to try because of their location.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
KathleenL1733, Operations Manager at Causeway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Hi Janet,

I'm sorry to read that your experience in the hotel was not as expected. When we offer a voucher we always send these on the same day first class so I'm surprised that this has not arrived as yet.

Perhaps you could call me directly and I can look into this for you and issue a new voucher.

02820731210

Regards

Lee
Operations Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2019

We stayed here at the weekend as a late Xmas present for my wife. Accommodation was good for the venue. The hotel let itself down with the less than friendly Reception and Restaurant Manager, she was not prepared to smile at any cost.

Waiting & Bar staff were amazing and really made us feel at home and we tipped them accordingly.

We inquired about walking to the Causeway and were advised to enter through the Visitors Centre. We later discovered that the walk way to the Causeway is free and that this 'misinformation' is a way for the National Trust Hotel to make more money.

Naughty.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KathleenL1733, Manager at Causeway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your recent visit to the hotel, All your feedback is very valuable to us and I apologise that you feel the information given to you regarding the Visitor Centre was misinformation. We feel that the very best way to enjoy the Giants Causeway is by enjoying the full experience which includes a full audio or guided tour. I have taken your comments on board and thank you once again for your feedback. I very much hope that this will not deter you from returning again in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

Fantastic hotel, superb location, super friendly and helpful staff, great food, spacious room. All so good we can't wait to return. Our room had a terrace which facilitated our bad smoking habit and gave us direct access to fantastic views.

Reviewed February 7, 2019

Stayed from 1st to 3rd February for my husband’s birthday. Room in main house was very bright and comfortable with the most comfortable bed and plush carpet. Bottle of drinking water supplied in room each day. All of the staff were so helpful and friendly. Any requests were attended to promptly. Dinners were delicious with a varied choice and reasonably priced. The hot breakfasts were perfectly cooked to order. A special thanks to the head waiter and restaurant/waiting staff for their special attention at dinner on the birthday day. Complimentary entrance to the Causeway Visitor Centre is a great bonus. Wished we could have stayed longer in this cosy and welcoming hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KathleenL1733, Manager at Causeway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2019

Thank you for such a great review of the hotel, I am delighted that you had such a great time. Hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed February 4, 2019

I am the proprietor of Mick's Custom Irish Tours of California. And all I can say about the Causeway Hotel is it's very fortunate (for them) that they have location - location - location.
Their staff is terribly inefficient and unfriendly. Their website leaves much to be desired and is difficult to actually complete room booking. They cannot (or will not) accept credit card info nor complete room reservations via email.
The place just isn't nice enough nor desirable enough to put up with their issues and incompetence.

Hi Mick,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I'm glad we were able to resolve this with you directly and hope to get a chance to speak with you again soon.

Regards