“Wonderful staff and good food!”
Review of The Nook

The Nook
Ranked #9 of 32 Restaurants in Bushmills
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Nook, situated at the gateway to the Giant’s Causeway UNESCO World Heritage Site, was the former original Causeway School serving the area up until 1913. Now painstakingly restored, this historic building is a pub and restaurant, which can cater for up to 100 people in one sitting. With something to suit every budget, from homemade scones and freshly prepared sandwiches to a full candlelit brasserie dining experience, the Nook at the Giant’s Causeway offers a choice for everyone. Our chefs endeavour to provide the freshest local seafood in the area with homemade daily specials posted on our blackboards.• Open from 10am • Fresh Homemade Scones and Tray Bakes• Full Coffee Menu & Afternoon Tea Offerings• Food Served From 12pm All Day• Beers-Wines-Spirits (Fully Licensed)• Welcoming Open Fires • All Major Sporting events shown Wide Screen Plasma• Dedicated Free Car Parking for Patrons.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Nook was just the perfect stop after a visit to Giant's Causeway. We had a large group of 8. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Everyone had a great meal. The garlic fries were especially tasty! A great little find near a tourist attraction!

1  Thank Expat_in_UK113

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stopped in the Nook after traversing the Great Causeway. I had the Beef and Guinness Pie which was very flavorful and well priced. My husband had a ham and cheese sandwich and was disappointed. We expected a nice crusty country bread, real ham, and one of those great Irish cheeses. What he got was a Wonderbread-type sandwich with lunchmeat. BUT it filled the void, and the place oozed country pub: fun surroundings and nice people.

1  Thank Lse1313
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Came here as part of a trip to the Giants Causeway. I had Irish Stew and a pint of Magners which came to £10. The food was alright, but not worth the price. The staff were very nice though and it is a nice, cosy restaurant. If visiting the Causeway, it's worth it. If not, then don't bother.

1  Thank Gavin L
Reviewed March 4, 2013

On my recent trip to Ireland our tour stopped here and the guide recommended the Nook if we had not packed our own food. We were quite glad to find that it was not a snack bar which we might find in places like this elsewhere . We quickly abandoned our packed lunches for a warm food option. Really it was the best Guinness Stew I had eaten in Ireland. This was the stew I had been looking forward to as part of my trip planning and finally i was satisfied. Top with a sot of Jameson my family was ready to go on to the "giants." I found the variety of possible menu items as well as drinks appealing for all different tastes and my daughter enjoyed a devious mousse dessert that I tasted as well. I did find it difficult figuring out how , when or to whom you pay in many restaurants in Ireland and this one was no less confusing. Apparently you ask the waitress for your check but you pay the attendant at the bar.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great location, nice pub but overpriced food. The most I've paid for lunch for a family of five for a very very long time. Really don't know how 'The Nook' justify charging £8 for a bowl of minestrone soup. Was tasty enough but not worth £8. Everything on the menu is well overpriced. There are plenty of other pubs and restaurants in the area.

2  Thank Justin K