“Very pleased with room, Dawn, full Irish breakast! Stay here!”
Review of PortCaman House

PortCaman House
Ranked #13 of 27 Bushmills B&B and Inns
Colorado
“Very pleased with room, Dawn, full Irish breakast! Stay here!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My daughter and I had chosen this B & B and were very pleased we had done so! On Sept 12, 2012 we were greeted immediately by Dawn at the kitchen door - and asked us to enter using that entrance - this was suggested due to rain and parking is off street at the back of the house. Our room was quite nice - with nice bath - large window overlooking neighbors garden across the street. Welcoming tray in our room with tea and coffee with cookies. Excellent Irish breakfast with choices. Dawn is a real treasure to this B&B very friendly and helpful. We walked after breakfast to the village. Then a short drive to the Causeway. This is an wise choice for the Giant's Causeway with the benefit of an excellent nights sleep. The photo shown within their ad is just as it appears. The photo I am adding is a seeing a small portion of PortCamon House from across the street by the neighbors garden. Thank you, Dawn!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the front bedroom upstairs. Very quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lin71

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed for two nights to attend a family wedding and explore the local area. The room was clean, included an en-suite shower/toilet, TV etc. Breakfast was delicious with a choice of usual continental and "full-English". The host was very friendly and offered much advice for the local area. Top marks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Phil W
Durbanville, South Africa
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A lovely guesthouse situated centrally in town. Dawn is warm and welcoming. The rooms are clean and cosy with tea and wifi. The ulster breakfast is delicious. Dawn suggested several local additions to our intenerary. Ideally situated for the Bushmills distillery, Giant's Causeway and Causeway coastal route. One small niggle was that the shower water took a few minutes to warm up- but this is a very small niggle comparatively.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisa d
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We have rented 2 rooms, very clean and friendly owner and helpful. We have changed our minds about B&B. Private 3 piece bath. Quiet large rooms. Close to the causeway. Perfect location. Only 2 tv channels but I hope you're not there for the tv. Its a beautiful part of the country. Everyone goes to the sputh but this is a breath area

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jorinam
Munster,Ireland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here in August 2012, the rooms are newly furnished and modern, very nice, our room faced on to the road but there wasnt a noise issue. Our double room had a double bed and a single bed. Gemma greeted us on arrival and was very helpful, extended breakfast hours for us so we could have an extra lie-in. Much appreciated! The Bushmills Distillery is only a 5 min drive away and Giants Causeway is only 10 minute drive and Portrush is 10-15 minutes away so it's an ideal location for exploring the causeway coastal drive. The Wifi wasnt working when we stayed there, it would allow the password to be entered and then stop working

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LindyP2010
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Used this guest house recently whilst we were touring Ireland on our motorbikes, lovely well decorated and spacious rooms plenty of parking. Breakfast was plentyful and well presented.
Thanks

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this wonderful Bed and Breakfast hotel during the Bushmills Live Festival, June 2012. It's located less than 10 minute's walk from the Bushmills Distillery and about a 15 minute drive from Colraine train station in a peaceful residential area. I made the journey from Colraine Station by taxi but there is also a bus every half an hour which serves the same route.

On arrival, the entrance and hallway of the B & B was welcoming, clean and bright and I stayed in the Dunluce Suite on the first floor. By the look of things, the room has been recently refurbished and was immaculately clean. No joke, I checked with a purposely brought light coloured cleaning sponge and there was no dirt or dust -anywhere! The new, double glazed window which overlooks a quiet road, actually opens at the top! When closed, the room was completely silent. That together with the SUPER comfortable bed, enabled me to sleep in blissful peace (for 12 undisturbed hours!! lol) There's a kettle in the room with tea and coffee plus bone china cups and saucers, drinking glasses and teaspoons.

The bathroom was spotless (again, I checked)! The shower has easy to use controls and strong water pressure also everything necessary for the morning was included: towels and toiletry miniatures.

The lovely proprietor Gemma was on site throughout my stay and was a font of knowledge regarding the local area! I never did get to see "The Giant's Causeway" but it was very nearby. (On the one afternoon when I could have gone, it rained cats and dogs and the room was just too cosy to leave to venture out!)

The breakfast room on the ground floor is modern and bright and all manner of cereals were available plus tea, coffee and a variety of juices. Gemma was very accommodating and offered me a full breakfast even though I'd slept right through the "official" timetable.

The snags are minor: The writing desk in the room could do with a little table-lamp and the (otherwise brilliant) flat-screen TV needs re-tuning as all the channels were fuzzy. It wasn't really a problem for me as I didn't have time to watch TV but for some visitors, it might be a gripe. The one thing that did bother me a little was the wifi signal. It was "poor" to non-existent in the Dunluce Suite but "good" to "excellent" in the upstairs hallway. Connecting to the internet meant sitting at the top of the stairs which was not ideal -but no one saw me there in my pyjamas so it was okay lol.

I'd definitely stay at the hotel again, in fact I'd love to revisit and see the local sights that I missed out on this time round -it's a lovely place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo