“Dinner at Tartine in Bushmills”

Tartine Restaurant at The Distillers Arms
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Bushmills
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was one of the best dinners of our stay in Ireland. Delicious food, good selection, beautiful decor, great staff, excellent value for money. Would go back in a heartbeat, highly recommended.

1  Thank kezmac

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We ate here on a Saturday night and had the early bird menu. We all had a starter and a main course with a glass of wine for £16 p\p. I had a prawn cocktail and a sea food gratin which was excellent and very tasty with plenty of fish in it. Would certainly recommend and would definitely go back.Loved the place.

1  Thank SineadMcLean
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We ate at this restaurant while staying in Bushmills on a trip to the Giants Causeway. We went after a recommendation from the B and B owners and I must say we were very impressed. The interior of the restaurant is lovely and cosy. The food quality was outstanding, without exception we all thought the meal was delicious and all at a very reasonable price. Very highly recommended if you are in the area.

1  Thank Sfl123
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great value for two courses and a glass of wine. Portions are large, food is very tasty, and the ambience of the place is great for an intimate dinner or a group. Good service!

1  Thank avid_traveler_2007
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stopped at Tartine for the early bird menu and found a great selection so much so that we booked again to check we hadn't imagined the experience.
For £16 per person the early bird menu (5.00 to 6.30pm) gives you 2 courses with a glass of wine, it simply cannot be beaten anywhere locally. We opted for starters and mains, but there is a good selection of sweets available also. The chicken liver pate was our favourite and served with a warm brioche instead of the usual crackers and was delicious - very generous helping too! On the first visit I had the slow cooked beef stew which was simply yummy and my wife had chicken which she said was gorgeous. This time I sampled the seafood thermidor which had a generous selection of local fish, and again my wife couldn't drag herself past the chicken.
Next time I think I'll try the prawn cocktail for starter, and I think my wife will too!

1  Thank John A