“Nice Surprise!”

The Swift
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Carrickfergus
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated beside Ireland's most well preserved Norman Castle at the heart of the Carrickfergus Marina, the Swift Complex offers superior dining and leisure just 20 minutes from Belfast City. When you visit The Swift Complex you will find the stunning restaurant, the chic Cocktail Bar, Carrick's home of sport Swift Sports Bar, great deals at the Wine Porter. At The Swift we understand that your leisure time is precious, that's why we are committed to providing you with only the best in food, drink and live entertainment. We hope you enjoy your experience with us.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went to spend some time at CarrickFergus castle and left around 6 PM. My son was very hungry so we figured we would give The Swift a try as it got pretty good reviews.

I gather that the restaurant has been re-done; it's lovely on the inside. Very nice views of the harbor. They have free WiFi which was nice as we had been getting very spotty reception in Portrush.

There were only two staff members waiting tables and one was doing double duty as host so the wait to place and order and get beer refills was long. Otherwise the food was absolutely amazing. I had the fish plate appetizer and everything was fresh and amazing. Very nice presentation as well. My son had the bread plate appetizer which he enjoyed and the 9 oz filet which he devoured. My husband had burger which he thoroughly enjoyed.

I am glad we decided to try it as it was a lovely treat but they need a bit more staff during the late afternoon/evening hours.

2  Thank Floresv
There are newer reviews for The Swift

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Swift restaurant is conveniently located close to Carrickfergus Castle and the waterfront. The restaurant is very nicely appointed and the menu offers great choices. We had a wonderful variety of items including seafood platters and steaks all of which was well prepared and very tasty. They were a bit short staffed the day we were there so service was a little slow but very friendly. Some great beers on tap.

2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This re-vamped restaurant right on Carrickfergus old harbour is a lovely spot for a relaxing meal. We stopped for lunch and had the mixed fish platter to share. Very good value at £10 and just enough to eat so as not to put you off your dinner. Watched other meals being delivered and they all looked good. Staff very friendly and service was prompt.

1  Thank coachIreland
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stopped at The Swift today for a late lunch on the way home from antrim Coast. The Swift is in a lovely location right on Carrickfergus harbour with a great view of the castle. There was a good range of food on the menu from sandwiches (a bit pricey £7.00) to seafood and burgers. Plumped for a beef burger and vegi burger. Waited 15-20 minutes. Food was at best average and not worth the £12 per head. Was served on flat wooden boards and the french fries in mini baskets, while this looked good it was hard to eat without creating a bit of a mess. Service was Ok and staff friendly.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place used to be abysmal. But I said used to be! I went with a party of friends some time ago (when it was called "The Point") and left disgusted. So it was with some trepidation that I went last Monday again with a group of friends at lunchtime. Why did I go back? Well because some other friends had told me of the turnaround when it re-branded as The Swift. Wow what a change! The menu was good and when the food arrived it was extremely good and well presented. The quantity was, for us (a group of 5 with various tastes) just right and the service was up to the mark as well. One other touch which I personally appreciated was the availability of "local" beers and ales. So often when I go into hotels and restaurants and ask for the "local" ale I am confronted with a selection of all the well known multinational lagers. This becomes really frustrating when I know there are locally based breweries producing really good beers and ales. But The Swift scored top marks be having a great selection of local beverages. Well done to them. Great food and great beers.

1  Thank George M