Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel
$108
Parklands(Carrickfergus)
Rayanne House(Holywood)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbrewers fayremeal dealplay areabudget hotellovely locationbuilding workweekend breakexcellent value for moneyall you can eatenjoyable staya great nights sleepcomfy bedstayed here for nightsfamily roombelfast city centregood sizebar restaurant
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Booked into the Premier Inn while visiting family in Carrickfergus. From check in to check out our hotel experience was first class. Often staying in Premier Inns, we know exactly what's available and these hotels have everything you need. It was clean, tidy and staff were very polite and professional. Jacqueline at reception is fab at her job ... Backed up by staff in the bar and breakfast area. Thank you Chris W for looking after us at breakfast. A very pleasant and warm young man. The hotel was spotless and well serviced by a good housekeeping team. We had a great nights sleep and the location for us was perfect. We will def use again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline D, Manager at Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Thank you for the lovely review of your stay at Premier Inn Carrickfergus. I am so pleased that your hotel experiences from checking in to checking out was first class. I am delighted that you found the Premier Inn Staff to be polite and professional and it is great for them to be recognised for all their hard work. Thank you for the special mention it’s great that you thought I was fab at my job, which does mean a lot to me. The housekeeping team will be delighted that you found the hotel to be spotless and well serviced as they work extremely hard every day and they are a really great team and it is so nice for them to be recognised for all their hard work they do. I will pass on your comments regarding the bar and breakfast team who will be thrill with these comments and I will also pass on the comments to Chris W for looking after you at breakfast he will be pleased with these comments. Thanks once again for your lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and it was fine. The rooms were clean and comfy and the price was reasonable. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, the location is ideal for staying on the North side of Belfast. My only concern was the fire alarm. It went off three times within an hour or so on the first night. That's not an issue; these things happen and even if it's annoying at 0100 - there's nothing for it. I was more perturbed by the lack of management of the fire alarm. It is, I was told, Premier Inn policy that they clear the disabled room but make no effort to evacuate the rest of the hotel. While I understand their employees are not firemen, I think this was an example of why that policy is flawed - just because the first incident was a false alarm (or perceived to be a false alarm) doesn't mean the second or third are. And if it had gone off the next night, most of the residents would have just ignored it. Think about it, Premier inn - if it is a false alarm, you need to find some way of relaying that via a tannoy or some such; one of these days, in one of your hotels someone might just wrongly assume that it's 'another' false alarm. Premier Inn credited us in full for the disrupted night's sleep - that was appreciated.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline D, Manager at Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn. I do apologise for the fire alarm please be assured I will be looking into the management of the situation. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the location and had a lovely welcome from our Premier Inn team and you found your bedroom clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel has some amazing surrounding right next door to the castle and the harbour. Thanks once again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised by the location of the hotel as I hadn't really looked at it other than in relation to where we wanted to go and it really is a quite delightful location, under the watchful eye of Carrickfergus Castle, nestled in by the harbour.

We arrived to the most unusual Irish weather of bright hot sunshine which was great - until we discovered that the room had no aircon - obviously not much needed normally! Apart from that the room was of a standard you would expect of Premier Inn.

The restaurant was a bit of an experience, with the staff being somewhat confused most of the time, my wife had a bit of an argument with the manager on the Curry Night because despite the fact that there was curry left out on full view of everyone, we weren't allowed to order it, although we could order a curry off the menu... There's logic there I guess but not as we normally understand it...

I paid a visit to the gents on our first afternoon there, one of the urinals had an attempt at covering up forced upon it, obviously blocked the urinal was full to near overflow with old stale urine which was further enhanced in aroma by the abnormal levels of heat within the building brought about by a once in a blue moon summers day...

4 days later when we left the urinal was in the same state although the aroma levels were now at a higher level of pungency, I guess the Manager didn't consider it a priority to sort out as he was too busy telling people what they couldn't eat!

One night we tried to order a dessert, we had been sat in the restaurant for a good couple of hours and at 10:10 decided we would finish the evening with a cold dessert - no dice, kitchen closed, no-one available to cook.... (A piece of cake!!!!!)

The same evening I ordered a drink at the bar - nothing fancy, just a gin and tonic, only to be told by the young lady at the bar, "Sorry we've run out of gin" to which I replied really? for her to inform me it was not unusual, as the other night they had run out of Vodka!

I asked to speak to the manager at which point she decided to look out back and lo and behold found a bottle of gin, so I guess the shortage had more to do with her unwillingness to walk 20' to the stockroom than poor stock management.

All in all not a stellar performance from Premier Inn but didn't see much point in arguing the toss with them as the Manager was a little full of himself

On the plus side, the hotel staff were very good and its proximity to the Castle and harbour is delightful so if you choose to eat elsewhere and the weather isn't too sunny you will be in for a treat!

Room Tip: Its a premier inn, all the rooms are the same, none give you a view of the harbour to my knowledge....
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ColinTodd

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn. I do apologise that your had a bad experience in our adjourning restaurant please be assured I will be discussing these issues with the Restaurant Management Team. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the location and the hotel staff. The location of the hotel has some amazing surrounding right next door to the castle and the harbour. Thanks once again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed for one night in a family room consisting of a good sized double bed and two singles. It was extremely clean and comfortable, just what you come to expect from a Premier Inn. The room had tea/coffee making facilities and a fully equipped bathroom with loads of towels. Breakfast in the Brewers Fayre restaurant is served from 6.30 and costs £8.95 for all you can eat with the added bonus of children eating free. Also there is ample free car parking on site.

Room Tip: Book as early as possible to get the lowest price.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline D, Manager at Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn Carrickfergus. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us from the size and cleanliness of your room to your breakfast in the morning. I will pass on your comments to the housekeeping team who will be pleased as they continuously strive to achieve these goals. Thanks once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Two night weekend family break

POSITIVES
Location - lovely location with easy access to Belfast.
Staff - very friendly, welcoming and nice to deal with.
Room - comfortable bedding.
Price - good value.

NEGATIVES
Noise - very disrupted sleep on first night. Fire alarm repeatedly going off with subsequent high levels of noise from residents awoken, doors banging etc. Noise from outside in the car park, which on this night appeared to have been the hang out spot of teenagers engaging in anti-social behaviours. Concerns discussed with staff who dealt very well with same.
Shower - very poor flow
Power points - lack of same and location of same.

But overall an ok hotel with price reflecting the experience.
Breakfast - good choice but substandard quality on the Sunday in comparison to a nice breakfast the day precious. Would not choose to eat again in the restaurant for evening meals.

• Stayed: August 2014
Jacqueline D, Manager at Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn. I do apologies that your first night was disturb due to the fire alarm and ones in the car park, rest assure we are looking into your comments . We are so pleased that we enjoyed the location of the hotel which does have amazing surrounding, and you found the staff friendly as they work really hard to achieve these goals ,and you found the bedding comfortable. Thanks once again for your review . We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.