“I'll be back!”

Sozo
Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in Carrickfergus
Cuisines: British, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award Winning Carrickfergus restaurant Sozo has recently been taken over by New Management who would like to take this opportunity to welcome customers old and new. After enjoying a complete refurbishment, the new, stunning, modern interior compliments the incredible food that people have come to expect and enjoy. From a quick bite to a lavish lunch, come and pay us a visit - your new favourite eatery is only a journey away!
Græsted, Frederiksborg, Denmark
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

great place to eat. the food is good and the service is fantstic :) like'd the place and will def be back

2 Thank Benjamin K
SozoCarrickfergus, Owner at Sozo, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi, thankyou for your great review! The restaurant was taken over in October 2013 and has recently been completely refurbished. We would love you to come back and try us again. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Christmas lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were at Sozo yesterday, having our Christmas lunch. We are from Barnardos, mostly volunteers. The 2 tables we were at, were joined together, was very cramped. When i was served my first course, a dirty napkin was on my tray.
They brought out the mash and roast potatoes, and veg, which said on the menu, gets served with them. But, when it came to paying the bill, we were charged for them. Also, it was 2 branches of Barnardos altogether at lunch. Only one was charged branch was charged with dessert for both branches ...
That is my first and also last time at that restaurant. Will never go back there.

You expect when it says potatoes and veg served with meal, that you are not going to be charged extra for them. One of our staff pointed out to them it says in menu, served with meal. Was told, no, you have to pay for it. So be careful when you go there.They also charged £9 for each meal, when it was only £8.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Annecairns66209947
SozoCarrickfergus, Owner at Sozo, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi Anne, thankyou for your review and for the late response, over a year later! Sorry for your bad experience! The restaurant was taken over in October 2013 and has recently been completely refurbished. We would love you to come back and try us again. Look forward to seeing you.

Petropavlovsk Kamchatski, Kamchatka, Russia
“Place I'll always go back to when i visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Visited my friend few months back and I got a chance to see this beautiful little place. Very pleasant service, nice and polite people. Since I'm from a tourist country (Croatia) and I work all my life in service and food industry and I've seen people treat their customers in many crazy ways, but these guys were just so friendly and warm. Food was nice, actually very nice, you could see it was fresh and made with love. Everything was neat and clean and they seem like a really organized team. You could see they enjoy doing what they do :) I could get used to eating there every day :)
Hope to be back soon, cheers!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Waxilia
SozoCarrickfergus, Owner at Sozo, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi, thankyou for your lovely review. The restaurant was taken over in October 2013 and has recently been completely refurbished. We would love you to come back and try us again. Look forward to seeing you.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Sozo "AKA" Yummy yummy in my tummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Whenever we can we eat at Sozo's, the food is superb! The staff are friendly and 'sozo' helpful, don't even start me on the new Asahi Beer....
We are holding a pre-Christmas party and Sozo are tending to all our catering needs! (again) Food will be delivered, set up and enjoyed by 50 plus people, no bother!
I must say thought, the new floor tiles in the restaurant are out of this world, never seen anything like that, good choice!

SozoCarrickfergus, Owner at Sozo, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi Darren, thankyou for your great review! The restaurant was taken over in October 2013 and has recently been completely refurbished. We would love you to come back and try us again. Look forward to seeing you.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Sozo very very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I lunch in Sozo on a regular basis. I guess consistency and good service is the secret to any great Bistro and these guys have it down to a fine art! Excellent menu with all the usual favourites including some delicious curries. Brilliant value on their daily specials usually around £6, washed down with a cool glass of Asahi beer! Did I mention the homemade chocolate & biscuit base banoffee pie? Enough said.

SozoCarrickfergus, Owner at Sozo, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi, thankyou for your great review! The restaurant was taken over in October 2013 and has recently been completely refurbished. We would love you to come back and try us again. Look forward to seeing you.