“Apology”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Larne, United Kingdom
“Apology”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I am writing this on behalf of my husband with regard to his post "annoyed". As you may be aware TripAdvisor will only permit one post per month per location.

In this post he called the previous reviewer a cretin. On reflection this was a very poor choice of words and he wishes to apologise.

He has sent a private message to the reviewer via TripAdvisor, but feels that a more public apology is necessary. He regrets any upset he may have caused the reviewer.

Whitehead
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have now eaten in the Bentra on around 5 separate occasions and each time the food has been poor to average with the need to complain twice, the first time the complaint was resolved to my satisfaction, the second time it wasn't. I have persevered as others have given good reports, the location is good and the restaurant interior is nice but my husband and I and friends I have been with have all been disappointed so ive decided not to return. The food is pricey enough for a the type of restaurant and in my opinion hasnt been worth the money. The positive I can report is that the front of house waitress has always been helpful and professional.

2 Thank parker99_12
Larne
“Nice place”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good menus , lovely decor and friendly pleasant staff. Be aware this restaurant is up a flight of stairs but there is a lift available.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank LarneVisitor
Belfast, United Kingdom
“has a reputation to be hit or miss,yesterday was a big miss.!”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The Bentra is a local restaurant to me,so its very handy,my friends and i have all tried it on different occasions and all had mixed reports, The last time we went together my chum found an elastic band in her ceasar salad,much apology from the staff...!.We decided to give it a go for lunch yesterday and as we had heard good reports about the steak being a safe option,we all opted for that. When the plates arrived,it was immediate disapointment,pale insipid looking piece of meat with slimy looking mushrooms.The tobacco onions were dry,floury looking and tasted like soap.Chips were good..!! Its hard to define my complaint,other than it was tasteless,poor quality and odd tasting.The waitress did not come near us during our meal and my friends as they were hungry just ate what they could.I raised the issue with the waitress at the end of the meal,she spoke to the chef who said there was nothing wrong with it and the onions were meant to be like that..I didnt eat mine and took it home to the dog.
We have agreed that it may be handy but the inconsistency and poor experience each of us has experienced concluded thats its just not worth the risk so ,we wont be back.

Pity as its a lovely restaurant interior and view,but the food is just not up to standard especially for the price.

2 Thank shazza444
Larne, United Kingdom
“Lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The Bentra is really nice we go right and regular for Sunday lunch
The views are faboulous food and service good
Lovely relaxed atmosphere