“Slightly disappointing”
Review of Loughshore Hotel

Loughshore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carrickfergus
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Have stayed in the Clarion in the past and was impressed, however this time I feel that it has gone a little downhill. They have closed up the railings at the front of the hotel so when walking have to go all the way around the back and then to the front on the road - not ideal for those arriving on foot! They charge £10 per day for wi-fi - every other organisation provides it free - rip off! Went to bar at 10.30 for drink to take upstairs and it was closed - no-one on reception. For the price would have expected some fresh fruit for breakfast - not just tinned mandarin oranges and grapefruit segments. Room was clean and spacious.

Room Tip: on the front you get sea views but it is a very busy road and can be noisy if window open. Back loo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elainerodger

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Was booked to stay one night in the clarion, was looking forward to a nice relaxing break until I stepped into the room we were given for the night. Stains on the bed sheets, carpet hasn't been hoovered in weeks. Walls were covered in dirty marks and as if someone had thrown a drink at the wall and it splashed everywhere. Bathroom was mouldy, hairs still in the bath, bath tap spat water out which took about ah hour to fill the bath to a decent level.no complimentary toilettres!! The springs in the mattress were poking up it was hard to get a sleep!! Awful hotel, would definitely not stay again. Money down the drain!!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank suz_1406
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I came to this hotel as of my grandmother's birthday, we had stayed a few days here, and we had her party here with family. The food was good, the receptionists were FANTASTIC, they always had what we needed, and always offered help! But the breakfast staff could have tried a bit harder, all they really did was stand around talking to one another. I did enjoy it, could have been a bit better, though! *They didn't have a pool or children activities!*

Room Tip: No pool or children activities!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nyborc
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed in the clarion on 28th June my boyfriend was taking part in the kickboxing. the hotel really catered for the event and everything ran smooth. Booked room for 2 adults and child. Room in my opinion could have been better a little cramped. I booked esp to have double bed but when arrived 3 singles. had a bath which was amazing and bathroom was extremely clean. Buffet breakfast in morning was lovely and lots of choice. I found the hotel v hot tho which prob sounds stupid lol. Hotel is in an fantastic location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise D
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding held in the clarion hotel. The rooms are very spacious and up to date. The beds are huge and very comfortable still leaving plenty of space while moving around the room. Breakfast was tremendous, I opted for the Ulster fry which was well cooked and plentiful. The hotel is an ideal location for a wedding and the town of Carrickfergus is in walking distance. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George L
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Booked the crazy couples weekend for me and my hubby for our 6th wedding anniversary which I stated when booking. Arrived into our room to find 2single beds, thought there must have been a mistake, went to reception to be told that's the only room left you should have checked in earlier! Went back to room started to unpack went into the bathroom which was full of mould, lifted a cup to make a coffee the cups were disgusting! I got really upset and went back to reception and asked for a refund as the room was unacceptable. The girl at reception gave us a refund and sent us on our way. Needless to say I wrote a complaint letter and emailed it to the clarion, I have had no response, I followed up to make sure it was received I was told it will be dealt with in due course, 2weeks later still no reply. Really disappointed as my sister was planning to have her wedding here which she's now having second thoughts about. Really poor customer service, with a face fits approach to customers. Won't be staying here again

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Mccaw01
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We attented a family wedding all the way from Scarborough,which i have to say was a fantastic day, we stayed in a family room for 2 days (2 adults and 1 child) the room was spacious and very clean, decor was nice, comfy big bed, the staff were very friendly and helpful, we had a meal in the restuarant which was faultless, fantastic steak and a good childrens menu and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrickfergus
Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally

Been to Loughshore Hotel? Share your experiences!